Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Beginner

Default Traveling Solo

I'm thinking of taking a Caribbean cruise in December since prices are reasonable. I'll be traveling solo and have never done so before. I'm looking at Celebrity or RCCL. Have others done this? Advice? I'm not looking forward to dining at table for 8 - 10 and don't like formal nights. Are there tables for 2 on either of those lines?
Thanks
Panzano
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2008, 12:47 PM
david30101

I just got back from a cruise yesterday. Ive never gone solo but most of time you have to pay almost double the price. Dining options are yours. Normally you get assigned a table with others just to break the bordum of eating alone, however you can request a table for 2. Or you can eat on the self service buffet on the "lido" deck. Formal nights are optional. You dont have to dress up if you dont want to, however you may feellike a oddball expecially if you decide to eat in the dining room on those nights.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Beginner

I have never sailed on the ships you mentioned, but sail solo most of the time, and love it. In fact, I leave on an 10 day trip with Holland America next week, as a solo. This is my 8th cruise with Holland America. A friend traveled with me in May to Alaska and we shared a cabin together. Never again, unless the person is really compatible. It is worth paying the extra bucks. While I do not own a tux, I usually wear a blazer and slacks. This time, I will carry a dark suit, the popular wear. I also wear a nice shirt and slacks for dinner the other nights. The restaurant is elegant. Do enjoy your solo travel. I am looking forward to many more cruises.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 06:03 AM
david30101

I may do a solo trip in the future once my job situation improves. Im working 1/2 my hours I normally work. Most of time I can only afford a cabin with other family. I find it better as well but money is the issue here.
Old December 7th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Beginner

when are you going in Dec. I want to bool Celebrity solstice Dec 12th need share for the better price, interested?