Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Captain

Default Roll Call: Amazon Cruise on the Pacific Princess 2009

This is a small-ship (670 passengers), the smallest we've tried! I hope we will run into some family on this sailing.

Looking for any LGBT on the sailing out of Manaus Brazil (Amazon) on April 10, 2009 aboard the Pacific Princes.

Anyone? 8)
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to huskyital

Too bad....we are going on same cruise on Jan. 30th....want to get away from the cold New York weather...hope it's a great cruise.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyital
Too bad....we are going on same cruise on Jan. 30th....want to get away from the cold New York weather...hope it's a great cruise.
Hey HuskyItal- We would love to get your feedback when you return from your cruise. Are you planning on any shore excursions? Your cruise is coming up, right around the corner. Have lots of fun...can't wait to hear about it!
Old January 15th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Triton! We'll be going too!!! Have you got your Yellow Fever vaccination yet and how was it?

We're staying at the Bently Hilton in Miami and flying into Manaus on April 10.

Private Message us if you guys would like to meet for drinks or ???
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Beginner

Too bad....I'm leaving FtLauderdale on Feb 27 round trip to Manaus. Do you know of anyone on the Pacific Princess? Hope your trip is pleasant.......SoloTraveler
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Captain

Hi Solo Traveler:

Did you post a different thread for your ship's roll call? Hopefully you'll have some luck...

We don't know of anyone on the Pacific Princess, except the Mermen who will be on there.

Would love to hear your feedback after your cruise, about the Pacific Princess and the ports. February 27 is right around the corner!
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Captain

Actually, our good friends, Parrot Mom and Parrot Pop will be joining us. They're coming from the Boston MA area...Marlborough.

Maybe I can get Parrot Mom to visit the G/L board...she's a hoot!
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Default IT'S ME!!

YEP, it's me Triton...at my age being called a Hoot is a big compliment..lol BTW I have checked out that H. Stern has THREE jewelry shops in Manaus and their prices are much less than Rio...hmmm Have met two other women who I've broken the ice with talking about...ready for this... toilets in third world countries we have used"...so help me... Parrot Pop has decided to spoil me lately and treat me "like a Queen"...and I haven't been slipping anything into his iced tea either. Hope you are both having a wonderful Sunday.. and you know what I mean...
Old February 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Captain

Default Our "Straight" Gay Icon...We call her "Parrot

Hi Parrot Mom-

Was pleasantly surprised when we saw your post...I know you bounce between cruise boards, but never really expected you to jump in here and say "hi" to us! Welcome!!!

You can be the G/L board's "adopted, honorary 'Mom'". I'm sure anyone who meets you, especially my gay and lesbian readers would absolutely love you and Parrot Pop.

Cannot wait for our Amazon cruise, in 2 months!!!!

Big Hugs to you both.
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Default Ye Shall Know Me!!

Finding all my purple outfits and parrot stuff...PLEASE remind me remind me we have a washingmachine across the hall so I do't have to bring as much.. and leave room for souveniers, i.e. jewelry. thanks for adopting us..glad to be part of the family
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Captain

Default Updated Roll Call for Pacific Princess: Amazon Cruise

5 1/2 weeks to go....

Anyone else going on this cruise? From what I understand, there are more than 50 cabin vacancies on this small ship. Some cruisers I've spoken to have received huge discounts...especially first time Princess cruisers.

It's been pouring out here in California. How's a guy supposed to sun his buns in this weather, ? Tanning booth I imagine...
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to huskyital
Default Report from Amazon Cruise on princess.

Pacific Princess is very small. The cabins are fine. There is only one small lounge in the main area and a large one on the top. Only a piano player and a so-so band. I prefer a larger ship with more entertainment. The ship's shows were fairly good. The male singer was cute but not good but the 2 male dancers were superb.

This is not that exciting a trip....I sailed down the Nile in November and that was a more memorable trip. Do not even get off at Boca de Valeria but of course you will. It is a tourist trap. Kids surround you looking for money. We took the trip from Florida. They booked us an early flight leaving Manaus so we only one day there whereas those going back had 3. We took the 5 hour tour...very good. But as soon as the ship docked we took a cab to see the opera house.....very worthwhile and got back in time for a quick lunch and in time to make our trip.

The food in the dining room is excellent;;;;the buffets are not large and really not all that interesting. The 2 special restaurants are worth visiting so say hello from Frank to the gay maitre'd from Poland I believe.

THe clientele was very old and they were skinflints. I took a special 3 treatment in the spa and was told business was very bad our cruise.
What else can I tell you?

To Everyone enjoy....
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Captain

Hi HuskyItal-

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I really appreciate your taking the time to reply to my e-mail.

This is our first Princess cruise...so now, well we're a little apprehensive. Love the Celebrity experience and cruises over the past several years. I've heard good / bad regarding Princess. Like you, I can bet I will appreciate the larger ships.

Husky, do you know anything about a spa package which includes the private spa / Thallossotherapy pool at the bow of the Ship? On another board, I read where a couple (one on the Tahitian and one on the Pacific Princess) purchased a pass so they could use that more "private" area. From pictures I've seen, it looks like there are about 20 chaise lounges, a large tub (Thallossotherapy) and it's on the other side of the men's / women's changing area and steam rooms. My point is, I was wondering if it was worth the extra cost. Considering this may be a more private and quiet area...and there will be less fighting over chaises...

BTW, laughed at your comment on Boca De Valaria...I already told my partner I wasn't getting off there. From the pics I've seen and other comments...no thanks. Not remotely intersted in villagers showing me their home for $1 or 2. The hype of course is to bring gifts for the kids, but we all know money is what they want. No, we're NOT planning on getting off the ship. That may be a total spa day...

Again, we appreciagte your feedback. Hope you're looking forward to your next cruise.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Default BOCA DA VALERIA

Does Parrot Mom have to twist your arm..lol So, the kids want $$.. so what.. so doesn't the rest of the world.. The snow here has ALMOST stopped.. officially 10 inches,but whats another inch or two if your snowbound. Now with you hidden in the spa area, how can we talk about our fellow passengers who we have decided do not deserve our presence.
Tomorrow Celebrity opens up for sailing on the Eclipse..Parrot Pop got a fast lecture about the Norway cruise and the 16 day cruise from Barcelona.. now he knows I've got snow bound mentality...Can't get out of the house, but the catalogs and toll free numbers and Parrot Pops credit cards are around..
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Default SKINFLINTS AND GOOD FOOD

Guess I won't start a food fight with those nasty "skinflints" How do you know there are 50 cabins left? Won't they go to the elite..lol.. I'm trying my hardest to get upgraded to a suite and if I have to call once a week pleading..I will. Parrot Mom has no shame...[/i][/url]
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Admiral

Default FOD

Do you think if I wear a FOD shirt I might fit in with everybody at the special get togethers... I'm certainly not going to be welcomed by the regular population of this cruise.. I think I may wear a pair of water wings.. does anybody remember water wings from their youth.. or wear my life preserver at all times..lol Triton I look forward to you being my protector... or is it going to be visa versa