Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Familiar Face

Default Princess Dining Options for Gay Single Male

Hi---

Looks like I will be on the 16-night Transatlantic Crossing of the new Ruby Princess this April.

I will be sailing alone, and wondering which dining option I should choose. I have had both very good and very bad dining experiences with my assigned tablemates on past cruises. Since this cruise will be for 16 nights, I am not sure I want to risk the traditional dining room, and get stuck with tablemates I don't "click" with. Would like a few other gay or gay-friendly tablemates, but realize there is really no way to ensure this in advance for single travelers.

Was wondering what other single gay travelers have done in the past. Is it possible to get a table alone in the "anytime" dining room, or is that frowned upon by the dining room staff, since you would not be utilizing the extra seat at your "table for two"? Also, what about dining alone in the pay restaurants? Can you get a table for one there?

Hoping to meet others at the FOD get-together early on during the cruise, but am wondering what to do for dining in the event I don't.

Of all my sailings, I have usually been very happy with my gay and non-gay tablemates, but had two cruises where my tablemates were not very "tolerant" to say the least, and on one crusie were down right hostile. I am just a little gun-shy of being back in one of those situations.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Captain

Hi Snick's Guy:

Lucky you! The Ruby sailing sounds really, really nice. Wish we were there to join you.

I've traveled alone and with my partner. No doubt, with the size of Ruby, you will find several friends to eat, tour and unwind with.

The dining staff does not frown upon a table for one. Have you made your dining reservation yet, for a table for one / two?

I think the Anytime Dining would work well for you. The specialty restaurants will be fine as well...however, when you board, make the trip to the Maitre'D and let him know you are sailing alone, but might enjoy a larger table. If the Maitre'D knows of any larger tables of gay passengers, ask him to put you there, if there is room. That worked for me twice, and I had a great time meeting other coupled and single passengers.

Also, if you hit the first FOD meeting, you'll likely find other gay cruisemates who are traveling alone and would welcome your company.

One thing is for sure, you're going to have an amazing time with that itinerary!