Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Beginner

Default FOD Meetings.

Hello, I'm a 20 year old gay guy and am going on the Caribbean Princess in June. I was just wondering what to expect at a FOD meeting? I'm going on the cruise with my family, but obviously would attend the meetings just by myself. I am out, but is the FOD meeting for couples only? Any information would be helpful!

Thanks,
TRP
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to JSnow789

I sure hope they are not couples only! I'll be attending my first FOD meetings on my 3/12 sailing.

~~~~~~~
Norwegian Windward May, 1993 (before she became the 'Wind')
Explorer Feb, 2007
Legend Aug, 2008
Grandeur Mar, 2009
Monarch May, 2009
Monarch Sep, 2009
Enchantment Nov, 2009
Liberty Jan, 2010
Old February 26th, 2009, 09:54 AM
First Mate

We're old timers when it comes to FOD gatherings and we can assure you that you will be most welcomed, single or otherwise. From our experience however there are not usually a lot of attendees in your age group and you will find that most of us will be of the mature to senior passenger list. There may be a question of legal drinking age aboard for those numbers vary from line to line. But the FOD group usually have lots of sailing stories and information to share and you may get a glimpse of your future and travel adventures to come.
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Captain

Hi TRP:

Sure hope you enjoy your first FOD meeting. I agree with Ron and Jon, that you most likely will be the youngest there...but you will be welcomed warmly.

My guess is you'll find other young adult gay cruisers on the ship. Most of them don't want to "hang out with us older guys" ! The FOD meetings can be relatively small or a huge turn-out. It really depends on the ship and itinerary.

On my last cruise, last September out of Barcelona, there were about 100+ gay men and a large handful of lesbians.

Not all young / older gay men attend the FOD...my sense is your gaydar will help you find others to hang out with and get to know.

In any event, have a great cruise!