Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Captain

Default Gay Nude Cruising?

Thought that would get your attention.

Interesting article here about the future of naturist travel, combined with what we're all here for...the cruise!

Has anyone checked into this?

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=61746998.blog
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to JSnow789

Not for me... I like to use my imagination.. Ill assume that the nudity is confined to the pool area-because if it was in the dining rooms that would be wrong on so many levels...

~~~~~~~
Norwegian Windward May, 1993 (before she became the 'Wind')
Explorer Feb, 2007
Legend Aug, 2008
Grandeur Mar, 2009
Monarch May, 2009
Monarch Sep, 2009
Enchantment Nov, 2009
Liberty Jan, 2010
Old March 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnow789
Not for me... I like to use my imagination.. Ill assume that the nudity is confined to the pool area-because if it was in the dining rooms that would be wrong on so many levels...
, I tend to agree with you about the dining room...can you imagine the burn factor when soup is spilled on your lap? :evil:

I've been to nudist beaches before, but never a full on spa or hotel, etc. so I don't have any feedback either way. I do see the benefit however, for Naturists.
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Beginner

While I love the idea of having a clothing optional pool and spa area on a ship, the idea of everyone walking around nude all the time on a ship, whether large or small (the ship, that is) doesn't appeal to me at all.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to TRexTex

We had some friends go on the gay nude cruise in the Greek Isles. (they're nudists, of course). They said it was great fun and not nearly as sexual as you might imagine.

I'd have loved to have gone with them them, but the cost was pretty high.
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Passenger

well, since you brought it up, i've been dying to try a nude cruise, a little intimidated since i would fall into the "bountiful" category. but it sure would cut down on luggage! i'm a closet naturist (never wear clothes at home when it's warm) and enjoy the freedom of just hanging in the breeze. i've been to clothing optional resorts that are fun...so if anyone needs a cruisemate on the next nude sailing, i'd be game!
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Captain

Personally, I have only been to nude beaches, albeit in the US as well as overseas. I have not tried a Naturist Resort or cruise, but find it interesting, and maybe even liberating. 8)

Everything I have heard about Naturist events, including cruising, is that it's not about hook ups or sex, it's about combining the philosophy of being a Naturist with events we enjoy, i.e., travel.

I think I would be intimidated too, at first. You know how it is once you're at a clothing optional beach, once the clothes are shed most feel more comfortable and "free". It seems to me, that it would be the same on a cruise. I don't know [yet] how I would engage in a nude cruise, but I can imagine the pool and lido / sun deck to not be a problem...I think I wouldn't be comfortable dining though. That's just my opinion...

Windstar is a professional and upstanding company; I cannot imagine their clothing-optional cruises to be anything other than that, "clothing optional".

http://gaynaturists.org/index.php?op...6&limitstart=1
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Passenger

I think you are referring to

http://www.sourceevents.com/

though some of their cruises are clothing optional - some are not
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Captain

Their cruise: Mysteries of Machu Picchu from October 31 - November 6, 2009 sounds great!
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
david30101

One of the comment on that article was saying, "why cant a str8 guy go? why is it always only gay?"..You dont tell them your gay and go anyways. Im sure there are allot of straight guys that go. Also im sure there are "rules" also..Like use a towel if your laying or sitting around public areas and Im sure there is clothing required in the dinning rooms, "still"..As for me..Im not ashamed of my body and im in very good shape, but im more of a minimum swimwear type of person over nudity. Speedos and thongs, etc. I spend a decent amount of time in the gym. I wouldnt mind tying a nude cruise myself someday.
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Captain

I've often gone nude sunbathing and I have to tell you, at first it's like OMG, they are staring at me. After the initial shock, who cares. I know many friends who've gone on clothing optional cruises and it's not as "nude" as you might think. Clothing is worn in the dining rooms but around the pools its "optional". Some like tan lines so they opt for that. OK, no problem. And while some hanky panky goes on, it really is not as much as you might think.

Who's game to go? I will if you will! I'm doing an Atlantis this October and apparently there is some nudity that goes on. I'll let you know.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14

Booked:Freedom OTS 10/14
Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15

Old June 27th, 2009, 09:26 PM
david30101

Not that I would "never" do it..I wouldnt feel embarrased. Afterall Im the guy that wears Kilts and Speedos everywhere..Which make me the ONLY ONE..And yes I get stares..I ignore people. I call it "stares of jealiousy".
Ive never been on a gay cruise, but I do know there probably isnt any women or childern on those ships since it mostly caters to gay people..No nudity wouldnt be a problem, unlike traditional cruises.
Old June 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Captain

david30101 and Triton

Care to investigate a cruise one day? It's nice that straights feel comfortable around other men. I personally find it appauling that some people "gawk". Quite the turn off.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14

Booked:Freedom OTS 10/14
Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15

Old June 28th, 2009, 08:29 PM
david30101

Im not really 100% straight..However I do enjoy the oppisate sex, I dont have any luck with them. I dont have any "male" relationships either. Except Im EXTREMLY picky with guys..They have to look good for me to even look at them. Someday Id like to try a "clothing" optional cruise, that way even if I wear a speedo like I always do, I dont feel like the oddball and will actually feel "overdressed" instead of the oppisate. Even on normal cruises I still wear kilts and speedos..I can care less what others think..Usually the negitive comments come from old and fat out of shape people, since they dont have the bodys to show off.
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Captain

Hi David 30101: I'm not sure I agree with your comment about the comments coming from "old, fat and out-of-shape people who don't have the body to show off". Sounds kind of condescending to me personally. Everyone has their own hangups, or personal beliefs about nudity. Not everyone is into showing off their body, whether it's Adonis or not. For the most part, I think America is more prudish that way, it's our culture as well. Having visited many European and Central / South American countries, we are different in that area. Yes, we have some evolving to do!

Surfguyxxx1, what do you mean by "investigate"? I am pretty sure I would like to go on a clothing optional / nude cruise. I used to live in Maui and would be at Little Beach (the nude beach) twice a week and loved it. Like you, I detested those who would gawk...they were usually people up on the hill with binoculors. Whatever...I guess they got their thrill. I enjoy the freedom of clothing optional, wherever and wouldn't mind it on a cruise. I'm not (yet) sold on Atlantis though. I think I would enjoy a clothing optional cruise where it was a good mix of everyone: straight, gay, old, young (over 18 of course). I'm not a super party-er either, I guess I'm boring in that respect. !

I've heard good things about Atlantis though. On our Barcelona transatlantic last year Atlantis had charted the Constellation and were disembarking while we were embarking. WOW! Hundreds and hundreds of guys. About 100 or so stayed on board for our 2-week cruise and it was cool to get to know them. No not everyone on Atlantis is a Frat-boy party-er, and if I were 20 years younger....might do it once.
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default HOT BuOYS Sailing Vessel - Gay & Clothing Optional Friendly

Aloha Fall 2013
I've just put a new mast on my big trimaran here in the Philippines. I will be cruising the Philippines concentrating on the Northern Pacific Islands this Fall and Winter 2014. I then head over to Taiwan in the Spring 2014. Summer 2014 is over to Yap and Palau.

How would you like to come along? You need to have a flexible schedule, and time. Minimum suggested time is one full week. Better if you can stay on a monthly basis.

The boat is 65 feet long and 40 feet wide. See Face Book for past pictures.

Crew and captain are gay and clothing optional friendly. The captain, that would be me, is gay and a naturist. I am former attendee at several naturist gatherings including GNI, IMEN, MMNG, and CMEN.

You need to be in good health, can swim, and kayak.

Our motto is we go where the tourists are not.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

well i would definately be interested in experiencing a nude or clothing optional cruise.. I have always been sort of a closeted NATURIST but do like to sunbathe and be at home nude all the time.. I think it would be a cool experience to set sail in a clothing optional cruise and have that experience so if you guys plan something or suggest any good ideas ... keep me posted.. joey
Old April 9th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to SAILORdudes

For those into nude sailing: check www.SAILORdudes.com and SAILORdudes Gay Sailing Adventures. All trips are clothing optional and some dedicated nude cruises. The only difference is that on nude cruises, more bays with privacy will be visited but most enjoy the option to be nude on the clothing optional ones as well, so naturists are welcome on both.
Old April 9th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to SAILORdudes

If you are into clothing optional/nude cruises on a smaller scale: check SAILORdudes Gay Sailing Adventures and SAILORdudes Gay Sailing Adventures. These trips are about sailing in beautiful places, suitable for naturists, nudist or whatever :-) There is no sexual intention by the way. Having said that, and as on any holiday in general where people are in a happy mood, what people like to do is their own business :-)