Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to AaronLucierNC
Default NCL- Gem leaving Barcelona on 5/10/2009

We are a GWM couple, first time cruise folks.

NCL- Gem leaving Barcelona on 5/10/2009, 7 days

Looking for other couples to give advice and perhaps hang out with.

We're 36 and 40 , and social "bear" folks.

Say hi and e-mail aaronlucierecu@yahoo.com or post here.
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Captain

Hey Guys! Welcome to the board, and welcome to the world of cruising! I'm sure after your first cruise, you'll be hooked.

We sailed out of Barcelona last September, albeit on the Celebrity Constellation. We had an amazing time.

I was curious if you have plans to stay in Barcelona, before your cruise? If so, there are so many wonderful places to visit. Truly an awesome city. We can give you some feedback, if you like.

Happy cruising to you. Hope your trip is memorable! Please make sure you come back to the board and let us know about your trip. Your comments and review are very valuable to the GLBT board.
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to AaronLucierNC

Any "low cost" Barcelona hotel ideas for our 3 pre-cruise days?

We arrive Thursday and board Sunday.

Thanks for the WELCOME!!

-Aaron

Old March 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronLucierNC

Thanks for the WELCOME!!

-Aaron

Aaron:

We stayed three nights before the cruise too. Make sure you guys see Montserrat, if at all possible. It was an amazing tour...we did no organized tours in Barcelona. The first day we took the HOHO bus to get aquainted with the city's layout. The second day, we got off at particular stops on the HOHO bus, such as: Park Guell (a must see), Montjuic (pretty cool), La Sagrada Familia (didn't get off the bus for this, but took some incredible pictures and video) and their sports arena (didn't get off). Definitely do the HOHO bus though, and stroll Las Ramblas. We live in the SF Bay Area, so Las Ramblas reminded us quite a bit of San Francisco and Market Street (without the automobiles).

Aaron, hotel prices are crazy in Barcelona. I dropped my teeth when I realized what we were paying. My advice to you guys would be to find a property that has something included (like breakfast, dinner, tour packages, etc.). Some hotels really do not offer a lot of discounts, and if they do, they're not that great.

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Central. The price was close to $400 a night, BUT it was the "Romance Package" and included champagne, chocolates, fruit, breakfast every morning and two dinners in their restaurant, which was amazing. Your mini bar is stocked daily with sodas, water and complimentary Kava (champagne). We also received complimentary shuttle from the airport and to the pier. So, considering that, it was a great deal.

Here is the website for the Grand Hotel Central Barcelona:
http://www.grandhotelcentral.com/en/index.htm

Our GLBT board has an "honorary" mother, lol. I'll see if shes lurking out there and can give you some pointers too. She has been to Barcelona a few times and can give you more info.

Sorry for the lengthy post! Welcome again-
Old March 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Default Low Cost Hotel -Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronLucierNC

Thanks for the WELCOME!!

-Aaron

Hi Triton.. yes, I'm lurking.. for a low cost hotel write to.. http://www.hotelcontinental.com/ The hotel is right on La Rambla, the top of the Rambla, has an all day buffet, very affordable and we will of used it for the third time when we take the Gem out t/a in November.. Trying to talk Triton and his partner to come along with us.. Also, I have a fabulous driver/guide if your interested.. he speaks perfect english and if he is busy he will send his second in command..Michael.. delightful.. There is so much to see in Barcelona I can't possibly write about it all. Last trip we "hit" the famous market.. could have stayed there all day long.. Also, by accident found a great little "pizza" restaurant next door to the hotel with fabulous food.. If your interested in pictures and the e-mail or cell # of Auriello write me at parrotmom@verizon.net. With Auriello and Michael we have seen in one day more of Barcelona than most tourists see in three or four days.. stopping where we wanted to stop.. One of the places that I hven't stopped raving about.. was an old ruin..that my husband was looking at.. I looked across the street and there was a huge and I mean huge mural.. When I asked Michael what it was.. he said it was a Nativty scene by Picasso.. black and white and mind blowing.. Triton, his partner and I happen to be on the same cruise in a few weeks..lol..