Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Beginner

Default FOD or something on NCL?

My partner and I are considering cruising on NCL. It would be our first cruise and wondering how the FOD thing works exactly. Do all cruise ships have such a meeting? It's not a big deal to us, but if there is a "gay time/space" we might enjoy hanging grabbing drinks if there's others gathering. How do I go about finding out these things? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
First Mate

They usually do, though Princess is the only line that I have been on that doesn't hide the meetings by calling them FoD (as if people really know who Dorothy Parker is). And RCI puts theirs on a bulletin board because they are too chicken to put it in the daily planner.

If you don't see it listed on the planner then ask the CD or Assistant CD to put one in and would they kindly have a host for the first meeting. (It works better with a host, since they can do the introductions.) They will usually gladly put in a meeting.

Expect some crew to show up as well and sometimes the closet cases will sit at the bar to see who is, since they are too afraid to join.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Beginner

Thank you. And I had to wikipedia the Dorothy Parker reference because I always thought it was a Wizard of Oz reference. Apparently the jury's out, but it's good to know both.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
First Mate

Most people think it comes from there be the saying is apparently much older than the movie.