Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Beginner

Default Solstice transatlantic ex Rome 28Nov

I've been all over the shop trying to decide which cruise to take and have now settled on this one. The choice boiled down to either RCL Navigator of the Seas or this one - have I made the right decision? This little gay duck will be travelling alone - has anyone else booked on this cruise?
Also, can anybody recommend some reasonable pre-cruise hotel in Rome, and post cruise in Fort Lauderdale? Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Captain

Hey Hairystache - sounds like a good one! I'm pretty sure I'll be booking the Celebrity Equinox out of Rome for next October 31, 2010...so I'll be curious too.

Hope you find some good information! Can't go wrong with Celebrity.
Old September 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Solstice transatlantic ex Rome 28Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairystache
I've been all over the shop trying to decide which cruise to take and have now settled on this one. The choice boiled down to either RCL Navigator of the Seas or this one - have I made the right decision? This little gay duck will be travelling alone - has anyone else booked on this cruise?
Also, can anybody recommend some reasonable pre-cruise hotel in Rome, and post cruise in Fort Lauderdale? Many thanks.
By all accounts there are quite a few gay men on this cruise myself included. We are hoping to arrange a "friends of Dorothy" meeting early in the Cruise so that we can all meet.

This ship is magnificent so while the RCL Navigator is a nice ship also, I think you have made the right selection.

There is a Hotel in Rome called The Hotel Raffaelo which is fairly centrally located and is reasonably priced (around Euro90/100) per night and serves a nice breakfast in the morning. You can find it on the internet and book directly with the hotel. You can get a Limousine from the airport for about Euro50 - try "Bobs Limousines" again on line. The same company will take you from the Hotel to ths hip on the morning of the cruise for about Euro 135. I myself am doing the back to back so I am arriving Nov 18th and staying in Civichavacchia for 2 nights before the 1st leg.

If you want any other information drop me a Private Message. Mike
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm new to cruising so can use all the tips I can get. I'm looking forward to meeting you on board, Mike!