Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Beginner

Default Solstice ex Rome 30 Nov. Can u help me select cabin?

Hi again. Back for more advice. I'm about to book a concierge class cabin - can anyone recommend one to me? I wouldn't mind one where a spot of private sunbathing is possible. Also is it best to be port or starboard, forward or rear? All advice appreciated for this novice cruiser. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cabins

It all depends on your preferences.

Forward and Aft cabins with Balcony give you a great view of the ocean in front or behind the ship with no obstructions. However, if the ocean is a bit rough you get a lot more movement than in cabins which are more centrally located. Its also a bit of a walk to elevators, especially as on a cruise you seem to be moving to the Centrum (centre of the ship) often.

Cabins in the centre of the ship tend to be more expensive but are closer to elevators and most of the facilities, information desk, excursion desk etc.

I am going on this ship for the first time myself, so I wont speak specifically for the Solstice. Some Cruisers swear by aft cabins, some forward and I personally like to be pretty central.

Probably of little help but whatever cabin you gert I am sure you will be very happy.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Beginner

Thanks Mikey. I ended up booking an aft starboard cabin. Now I'm starting to get excited about this cruise! Look forward to seeing you on board.
Cheers
Mark