CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   Celebrity Infinity Sept 25 Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/368389-celebrity-infinity-sept-25-panama-canal.html)

IMUA808 September 29th, 2009 06:25 PM

Celebrity Infinity Sept 25 Panama Canal

Sweet Baby Jesus! I am in cruise hell right now. Is there anyone gay or under 90 years of age on this ship? Really....No REALLY!

I feel like i'm on Holland America or Princess. The "disco" (haha) features a band that can only be described as Manila's answer to ABBA. TRADGIC!! Oh, and before I forget, the "disco" has closed down before midnight the past 2 nights.

If anyone has any suggestions, please e-mail B777Nune@gmail.com or text 713 446 6863. I have 11 more nights.

Nune

Triton October 22nd, 2009 06:25 PM

Hmmmm, man we found more than a dozen gay and lesbian couples - not too many singles though (one or two actually). Did you go to any FOD meetings? My partner and I met most while dining, at the spa / pool and just walking around the ship.

I thought this was one of the first cruises where the passenger demographics were between 40-65. I sure didn't have the same experience you did and sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

Have you tried Carnival? Maybe an Atlantis cruise? Yeah, the disco "scene" on Celebrity is different than on Carnival - not quite the party crowd, which attracts a different demographic.

BTW, I responded to an earlier post of yours (a month or so ago) to meet up and never heard back.

IMUA808 October 22nd, 2009 10:46 PM

Celebrity Infinity

Unfortunately, a FOD event was not posted at guest relations until the morning of day 6. I attended the event at Michael's Club that evening. There were 5 other gentlemen there sitting in a corner cackling like hens, all of whom appeared to know each other. I chose not to interrupt. There I sat for about 30 minutes until it was obvious that no one else would be attending. I decided that the event was a bust and left.

No, I didn't expect a "Carnival" experience of constant partying. After 18 cruises, i pretty much know what to expect from various cruise companies. I'm very well aware of the level of sophistication offered by Celebrity and appreciate that. I did expect a real disco that would play music from this century. (For 16 days I heard no music from this century) Even the QM2, known for it's formality, has a dedicated space a dance club, not a multipurpose lounge with bad lighting and boring, dated entertainment.

Parrot Mom October 23rd, 2009 12:21 PM

Gay Cruisers

Gee... if it were me... I'd go over and introduce myself.. are you shy? You should have known this is not a party ship cruise..and there are times you have to go out of your way to find out in the beginning if there are FOD meetings scheduled..

Am I "gay"..no, but I've cruised with Friends of Bill who checked out any meetings on boarding the ship.. and have had the pleasure and I mean the pleasure of meeting up and befriending many same sex couples...

I can remember being at an "anniversary/wedding" celebration on the Century I believe. and there was a same sex couple sitting by themselves..Okay, so I'm not the shy type.. but I walked over and welcomed them and it seems they were married in the UK..and we had a great conversation in the middle of all the "straights",..and everytime we met on the two week cruise there were hugs from them both...and it seemed that all the FOD knew about us...it was our 50th wedding anniversary..

You also have to remember as for music... the musicians (in case you aren't aware) are only allowed to play certain pieces...as prescribed by the head of Entertainment.. (told to me by entertainers on NCL that we became acquainted with).. Perhaps next time you should try an Atlantis...where there is probably a younger and partying crowd?

fun1too October 23rd, 2009 04:22 PM

woooooooooooooooooooo.........

I was told there was a group of 40 gay men from Pied Piper on this ship. I've traveled with Pied Piper before and we usually take over the disco after 11pm. Are you by any chance part of Pied Piper? Anyway, I travel solo most of the time and I create my good time and I do not care whether it is gay or straight, young or old. I even dance with the crew. I am a ballroom dancer and a very good disco/freestyle dancer as well. I usually seek out ladies or men to dance with and always have a wonderful time. That is too bad cause you are practically finishing your cruise. hmmmmm maybe when you get to your disembarkation port which is San Diego, you can satisfy what you've missed on your cruise and have a great time at the gay bars in San Diego. Next time try Pied Piper, Aquafest, Atlantis or RSVP. Try and have a good time on your last 2 nights at least. Take the cruise director for a spin on the dance floor. He or she will enjoy it. CHEERS......

fun1too October 23rd, 2009 04:29 PM

Ooops.........

Sorry I just checked the dates and it was a wrong date. I was Refering Oct 11 - Oct 25 Pied Piper - Panama Cruise from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego.