Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Familiar Face

Default Roll Call - Navigator of the Seas Transatlantic April 2010

Any other family members on the above cruise?

Also, does anyone know what kind of spa facilities are on this ship. Is there a Sauna and/or Steam Room in the changing area? On a long trip I enjoy just laying back and relaxing.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2611 View Post
Any other family members on the above cruise?

Also, does anyone know what kind of spa facilities are on this ship. Is there a Sauna and/or Steam Room in the changing area? On a long trip I enjoy just laying back and relaxing.
Hi Mikey2611,

My partner and I are booked on this cruise. We're 60 something retirees living in Dallas during the winter and NW of Seattle in the summer. This is our 18th cruise, mostly on NCL and Celebrity, but our first on RCL.
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Familiar Face

Hi there. I am sure that there are a few "family members" on the cruise as Transatlantics seem to attract us. I will check the notice Board for Friends of Dorothy Meetings and if there isnt one I will set one up. Its always good to meet before early Dinner for a cocktail or later in the evening. Anyway keep a look out on the notice board and hopefully we will meet. Have a safe trip to Miami.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Beginner

the navigator has a large sauna and steam room and its free of charge. you enter on the upper floor, get a locker key then go down a spiral staircase to change. i did a trans atlantic on her in april 2009 and 2 other cruises on this ship. i always had a fun time. usually someone will post a 'friends of dorothy' meeting on the bulletin board at the reception desk, so check it out when you board. if there is no posting, YOU fill out the card and post it. in the past FOD's met at 8 pm at the CHAMPAGNE Bar. i am still deciding on which trans atlantic to do this coming april....navigator of the seas, independence of the seas , voyager of the seas, or the disney line. have you heard if disney is gay friendly? would you go on a disney cruise for 14 days? i am still tossing the idea of these 4 ships around.
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Familiar Face

Personally I would likely not go on a Disney Cruise. I have pictures of lots of munchkins all over the place - (though having fun with Mikey Mouse is intriguing -hehe). Its also pretty expensive compared to many other lines, especially travelling alone. I think the price for ther Navigator is great - hope I enjoy the ship, first time on the 140,000 ton vessel although i did a cruise on Solstice and I guess its about the same. Will check the Board and/or place a Notice. There are other gay men on this cruise, I found them on the main RCL Roll Call. Anyway, thanks for your info. take care.