Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Beginner

Default Need help with Planning a cruise!!!

Hi My name is Nick.

My best friend Kim and I are wanting to go on our first gay singles cruise together and we wanted to know what we should look for and were would the best places to go we should look into! We live in Oregon and we would like to know from others what there experience was like, what price we should look at for the most fun! We apperciate it if you could help us!

Thanks, Nick!
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Beginner

Hi Nick!

With several gay cruise trips I have taken, together with spending a lot of time on Forums and visiting various gay cruise tour websites, it would be to your advantage to look at www.Gay-Travel-by-MIM.com
This website has an extensive listing of ALL gay cruise trips, as well as Gay Group Cruises.
Also look at Atlantis Events, www.RSVPVacations.com.

You mentioned you want to go on a gay singles cruise. The MIM website is best for that.
However, keep in mind that most gay cruise tour operators have set up - onboard each cruise trip - a way to get acquainted with first timers like yourself and your friend.

As for pricing, there really isn't all that much difference between one cruise tour company and the next when it comes to prices.
Your cost for the trip, rather, are going to depend largely on two factors: Length of your cruise, and, what particular type stateroom you choose.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend you choose a stateroom with a veranda - reason being, it is sooooo nice to wake up during the night - or morning, or whenever - and be able to walk out your stateroom cabin door and onto the Veranda ... to smell that ocean air, see what port you are coming into; and last but not least, to just sit on the Veranda and have your favorite drink (via room service!) with your travel buddy or perhaps that newly made acquainatnce onboard ship!

And as for entertainment onboard? Well, the entertainment onboard a crusise ship is often superior to entertaiment almost anywhere else.

Hope this information will be of help to you!

DJ
P.S. What time of the year (and area) are you planning on going?

Last edited by AstroBuddy; March 30th, 2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:22 AM
Beginner

Thank You AstroBuddy!

Kim and I are planning next year to go to Mexico and Then after that we've heard that we should go to Alaska and I have family up there and I've always wanted to go so that will be our next one!

We have still a lot of planning and we both work together and we have to save our vacation time for the trip! We are also wondering when the best time of month would be to go on the cruise! I will definitily check those sites out, thanks for that! Is there a specific cruise liner that we should try also?
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:07 PM
Beginner

Hi Nick!

You asked: We are also wondering when the best time of month would be to go on the cruise!
Ans.: If to Mexico, the Fall is best - late September, October, and November. However, there are cruises to Mexico just about any month you desire to go!

Alaska: May through September. Note: Most cruise ships stop going to Alaska from October to April.
I went to Alaska in August. It was a mixture of very nice weather to very cold and rainy. The weather changes quite often and quite unexpectedly in Alaska! I have been told September is actually better than August.

You asked: Is there a specific cruise liner that we should try also? For everyone who says one ship line is better than another, there is going to be at least two persons who will mention some other cruise line - its a matter of personal taste. And that comes from having been on several cruises, with different cruise lines.

My personal preference is RCCL and Celebrity. I want to try NCL sometime soon.

If you really want to see them all - together with excellent information on each ship, cruises upcoming, etc., etc. - go to Vacationstogo.com
This is an excellent website to view ALL the cruise ships! You will first have to become a member (no cost) before loging in I think.

ALSO: FYI, there is a new cruise travel informational website out there I want to help - because it is in all our best interests to do so:
Go to: meetonboard.com

Ok, Nick that's it for now. Wishing you and your friend the best with your cruise plans!
DJ