Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Key West

Anyone else wish the cruise ships could stay later in Key West? Do you go to the hot spots to find them stone cold because the party doesent really get started until sunset? I heard that the ships block the sunset view so the port officials limit the number of late departures.

Next week I am going to Key West by air and staying for a week. I will try to keep the party going until the cruise passengers arrive---wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1966 View Post
Anyone else wish the cruise ships could stay later in Key West? Do you go to the hot spots to find them stone cold because the party doesent really get started until sunset? I heard that the ships block the sunset view so the port officials limit the number of late departures.

Next week I am going to Key West by air and staying for a week. I will try to keep the party going until the cruise passengers arrive---wish me luck!
Nope, Mallory Square has a clear view of the sunset. There could be a ship to the left in front of a big hotel. Then there's other less public spots to view, but it takes time and knowledge to find them. A land vacation there would be wonderful.
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Admiral

We did two nights in Key West last year before our Panama Canal cruise. Loved it!

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
First Mate

Yeah, I always hate the early departure from Key West. But the outside bar at Bourbon St Pub opens around 11am usually. That's where my group always ends up when we are in Key West on a cruise call. Certainly not a night life at that point, but it's still cool. And good drink prices. Then plan our departure to be able to stop at Sloppy Joes and Captain Tony's before we have to get back on the tram. (Last 2 stops have been on CCL Imagination, which seems to always dock at the Outer Mole)

I don't know if it will be in 2012, but I do wanna get down to Key West on a real vacation some time soon. Tho just afraid I won't wanna leave

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.