Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2001, 02:39 PM
Carole Dunham

Default jet lag

I heard there was a new, over-the-counter medication for jet lag. My daughter saw the information on television but didn't remember the name of it. I will probably be sailing Golden Princess next year from Istanbul and I can fly from Miami to Istanbul non stop. It is, however, a 10 hour flight and I will be a basket case by the time we get in. Does anyone have the name of thie medication? I think it sounds like a Godsend.

Carole
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2001, 09:03 PM
First Mate

Default RE: jet lag

Carole - Its called "No Jet Lag" and it is from New Zealand. I asked about it here back in September, as I was flying with a group to Istanbul [ you MAY be able to find it again in back back stuff] and it was recommended by our TA. Its like little sugar pills, you take then every couple of hours. It is a homeopathic remedy - has Camomile and something of Epicac [ the stuff used to make you vomit; it doesn't] And AFTER the cruise....well, I don't know HOW I felt; better or worse; it is a LONG travel -2 days! I THINK I felt better- not as headachy blah. It neither puts you to sleep or keeps you awake; it is simply suppose to help your system adjust! You buy it at luggage stores!!!! ???? Good luck! Anne
Old January 5th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Carole Dunham

Thanks Anne. I'll start looking for it.

Carole
Old January 9th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Dawn Stefano

Lot's of people I know recommend Melatonin and it seemed to work for me on my trip to Australia last year. I didn't sleep much during the 20 hours of flying time from Washington, DC to Sydney, but I arrived fairly refreshed and I had little to no trouble getting acclimated to local time in either direction.

Melatonin is a natural remedy and is available at most drug stores and groceries. The usual advice to avoid caffeine and alcohol, drink lots of water, move around and wear comfy, loose-fitting clothes really works, too.

Enjoy!