Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2001, 10:35 PM
John Burns, RPh

Default I'm Back On-Line...

...and ready to answer these questions again. Thanks to Paul and the gang for leaving this board open!

John Burns, R.Ph.

P.S. I am once again actively practicing pharmacy (after toiling in the pharmaceutical industry for most of my career), so I may only be able to get on-line once or twice a week. Please be patient, and I'll try to answer all of your questions...
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2001, 10:08 PM
pvh

Default Re: I'm Back On-Line...

I have gotten sick twice on cruises--both times I was tired. I was wondering if that had more to do with it than anything else. The first time was not too bad--just lay down. On this last cruise, my cabin steward got me some of the pills that they had on the ship--made me very sleepy and felt fine the next morning.
Old May 9th, 2001, 07:07 PM
John Burns, RPh

Default Re: I'm Back On-Line...

Physical exhaustion is very much a part of sea sickness. Additional, typical of cruisers in general, culinary and alcoholic indulgence also lower the threshhold for developing sea sickness. So, although it is ok to partake in activities, the abundance of food, and some of those wonderful drinks with umbrellas and sold in souvenir glasses, know your limits, and you will lessen the chances of developing sea sickness.

Enjoy a cruise!

John Burns, RPh