Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to elcee
Default saltwater

My husband & I will be cruising w/our 2 teenage sons on the Triumph in Dec.2001,
my question is this: they say there is saltwater at the bottom of the waterslide on the Triumph-besides telling my 13 y.o. to keep his mouth closed, what precautions should I take or know about concerning the swallowing of saltwater.
I hope i am asking this ?? on the right site...please help :-)
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: saltwater

As a New Englander we live at the beach all summer. Most cruise lines do fill and refill their pools with the ocean salt water. Saltwater is very purifying. It will help heal wounds, but also dries out your skin- great for acne. Just be sure the kids shower off and rinse their bathing suits after a swim. Besides closing the mouth, have them block their nose and close their eyes on the waterslide run just so water doesn't sting the eyes or irrate the nostrils. If it is swallowed, it really wont' harm them, just taste terrible.
Bon Voyage