Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2002, 01:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Medications/Patch for kids

Can anyone tell me what medications i can use on my kids..Ages 13, 14, 14, 16.. Can i use the patch in particular..? Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Medications/Patch for kids

There are medications made in children's strength. Since your children are over the age of 12 they would be condidered adults. Read the package directions of the over the counter meds in the drug store. The patch is prescription so ask your doctor about advisability of the patch for your children. The oral medications have less side effects. Good luck and have a great cruise.
Old April 19th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Passenger

Well Emma, how about a medical opinion. I'm an ICU nurse and usually I'm REALLY skeptical about alternative medicine, but we went on a cruise in '98 and I changed my mind!! When we hit a little rough waters and I started to feel preety queezy, I went to the on board store for some dramamine. There was a new staff member there who convinced me to try the seabands and I have been hooked on them since!! I never go on a long car ride without them and they are already in my bags for my up coming cruise in June!! I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to have a great time without the side effects of drugs. Ellen
Old April 21st, 2002, 04:55 PM
First Mate

Where do you buy seabands?
Old April 24th, 2002, 02:31 PM
niecie

I bought Seabands at my local drugstore...you can find them at grocery stores, health food stores and Walmart and Target. I also heard that ginger pills were also good for the nauseous stomach.

About the seabands, I suffer from vertigo and they work great on car rides, so I hope they work during my cruise!!!

Happy Sailing!!!
Old May 6th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went on my first cruise last March. I wore the patch..the side effects of the patch were I think far worse then any seasickness could be. I would never never wear it again, I will try all the other alternatives, but never the patch!
Mary