Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Passenger

Default Carib in Jan, rough seas?

Hi all,

We are trying to get our friends to join us on a cruise in early January but the poor lady gets motion sick easily. She may be up for a four or five day cruise but wants to know if the seas are rough in the Carib that time of year. Also, what is the calmest month to sail?

Many thanks,
Doggie

Paradise '01

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Masrie

Default Re: Carib in Jan, rough seas?

I want on a cruise last jan 7, 2001. We only had one rough day, it was the first day out of fla. some said it was because we were going from the atlantic to the carib, the rest of the cruise was great. Going again in late Dec hope the weather is just as good. Marie
Old January 2nd, 2003, 10:54 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carib in Jan, rough seas?

We cruised the E. Carib on Explorer last Jan. 12-19, leaving from Miami. We had no rough days and the larger ship size made for an almost motion-free trip. I took Dramamine with me , but never used it. I would recommend the RCI Voyager-class ships. The larger size ships on other lines are probably the same in the motion-free department.
We are taking Explorer to the W. Carib in 16 days and anticipate another wonderful, motion-free trip.
Old July 28th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Carib in Jan, rough seas?

We sailed Carnival at New Years this year, eastern Caribbean, and although I felt a bit of rocking occasionally, mostly it was smooth sailing. I am VERY prone to any kind of motion sickeness, never leave home without my Gravol (Canadian version of Dramamine). I have been on 3 cruises, soon to take another, and I have NEVER been sick on a cruise! Can't explain it - maybe I'm just having too much fun!!

donna

Old July 28th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carib in Jan, rough seas?

Just came back from a cruise. One night it was a little rocky , but I used the patch that you get from the doctor. I never had any problems. I get very motion sick just thinking about riding in a car. Never had any problems----cant wait to go again.