Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Passenger

Default Travel insurance

I went to insure mytrip.com to look at the various policies. Access America does not have a good pre-existing condition waiver.

How do I choose from the other policies that range in price from $250 - $450.
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Travel insurance

On insuremytrip, I was able to do a side by side policy comparison and print it out. Of 3 insurance policies, only two would cover me in my home state. (Interesting tidbit.). I found Travelguard (which I have used and which has a good pre-existing rider if you book within days of the down payment) appeared to be the best for us at about $3 more total than the cheapest carrier. Your age bracket and cost & length of cruise may be what is bringing your rate so high. That price range is similar to what we paid for Europe (12 nights plus air) two years ago. Keep in mind, when you supply the cost of the cruise, that is per person and can include the air whether you book through the cruiseline or not.
Bon Voyage
Old May 28th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Kevin C

One Travel Insurance (www.1travelinsurance.com) seems to be a better site than insuremytrip -- they only offer the best of the best, so you don't have to wade through dozens of policies that look and feel the same.
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Robie

Trying to make a claim with Access America for lost baggage. Not easy. Any suggestions?
Old July 20th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Usually book my insurance through InsureMyTrip.com, but found last year, when I was going with my 87 year old Mom, that insurance there was much higher than the Princess insurance. The insuremytrip companies seem to set costs by age and price of trip, while Princess just sets costs by cruise. I booked my insurance on Insuremytrip.com, and hers through Princess. Check your cruise line insurance, it may be less........................ And, on your comparison chart on InsureMyTrip, choose the options that you NEED insurance for. Like I didn't need flight insurance, which was included on some policies, and I didn't want luggage insurance, or a high amount of insurance to fly you home if you were very ill. We would have bought different coverage depending on cruise location.