Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2003, 03:55 PM
Passenger

Default Relief Band for Seasickness

Good News! It works!!!

I just got back from a very rough 16 day Panama Canal cruise on Carnival Spirit. At first I thought the Band wouldn't work for me -- I could feel the electronic pulse on my wrist, but still was queezy. I kept wiggling the band around, and then POW, it landed on the right nerve and I could feel the pulse across my palm and up the two middle fingers (just like it says in the instructions). Then it worked like a charm.

For much of the cruise we had high winds and rough seas. I wore the Relief Band whenever we were rocking & rolling, but only turned it on when I started to feel ill. Each time I wiggled it around until I felt the pulse all the way up my fingers -- then I was fine, and could enjoy myself and the good food. One caveat: if you move your wrist/hand around much (as in when playing cards) you can lose the "magic spot" and have to wiggle the band around to find it again.

The Relief Band is available at several internet sites (use a search engine), but the Sharper Image has a good deal where you have 60 days to try it out, and if it doesn't work for you, you can return it. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2003, 10:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Relief Band for Seasickness

Until last week, I thought the Relief Band was fabulous -- then I got very air sick. Yes, you do need to position it correctly. I also found that after a while, the gel which you use with it, dries up and need to be re-applied.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:37 AM
Mark and Roger

So glad that i finally found someone who has used the Relief Band.
I am VERY susceptible to motion sickness and am leaving on a cruise on Holland America shortly.

Should i be using "medication" on top of the relief band?

What is the longest time that you had the relief band actively working?

Did it make an irritation on your wrist from being actdive?

Thanks for any other information you can give, it will help us "motion sensitive" people a lot to know.

Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:33 AM
JimInBuffalo

Thanks for the info on the Relief Band. After reading the string here I ordered one yesterday from CREPASS.NET FOR $64 INCLUDING SHIPPING. CREWPASS.NET is a supply house for Airline company crews and Airplane suppliers.

I will let you know how it worked after i get back.