Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2003, 10:13 AM
debi647

Default asthma and medical facilities

Will be traveling on the dawn frm NY on 9/28. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the medical facilities were equipped to handle a major asthma attack? Not anticipating one, and will be traveling with all necessary meds and nebulizor, just wondering about iV steriods if necessary.
Thanks
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: asthma and medical facilities

Hi Debi647,
I needed to know about the medical center onboard before my last cruise, and I just emailed the cruiseline and asked. I followed it up with a telephone call.............
I got an answer and I was very relieved to find that I could be helped if necessary. I'm sure your cruise line would be happy to answer that question for you.
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: asthma and medical facilities

I became ill on the Millennium while cruising in Europe; bronchial asthma which more than 70 people also contracted! They say it was the air on the plane! Well let me attest, I wish my primary care doctor had the facilities that this modern ship had; neubilizer treatments were great. It saved the me, cruise and my time in ports. There is alway one doctor if not more and several PA's and nurses. Just contact the cruise line for details.
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:00 AM
debi647

Default Re: Re: asthma and medical facilities

Thanks for the replys I was beginning to think that I was the only asthmatic who ever asked this question.
I will email NCL today, just to check...thanks for the good advise
Debbie