Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default Best time of year to cruise to Hawaii to avoid rough seas!

When is the best time to cruise to Hawaii? We're looking to go at the beginning of 2005 but are flexible. I got a little seasick on our Alaska cruise in June. Since there are so many sea days going from LA to Hawaii, I would like to go when there is less chance of rough seas. Thanks in advance for your input!
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Stuart Send a message via MSN to Stuart
Default Re: Best time of year to cruise to Hawaii to avoid rough sea

The waves, in all oceans, begin to pick up as the autumn and winter seasons roll around. Hawaii is a different story, the waves begin to pick up in October and go through the whole winter and they usually begin to recede in March. I know this because I was born in Hawaii and I grew up surfing the North Shore...any hawaiian surfer would know that fall begins the surfing season in Hawaii and summer is bad news for a big wave surfer. I would pick a cruise during March - October....enjoy!
Old October 25th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Stuart Send a message via MSN to Stuart
Default Re: Best time of year to cruise to Hawaii to avoid rough sea

Right now the waves are reaching double overhead.....that'll move a cruise ship around! if you would like to check the waves as the year progresses, check out this site
www.surfline.com