Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:05 AM
rt

Default Injectable Drugs

My wife has to take daily injectable drugs, as well as on or two pills. We plan to take these in our carry on bag. Will we have problems on the flight? On the ship going on onboard or leaving?
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2005, 04:42 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Re: Injectable Drugs

Sorry no one has answered yr ? yet.

Late hubby was on insulin and about 7 pill perscriptions for our last cruises. Re: air & cruise line: It is best and recommended all perscriptions be carried in your carry on luggage in ther eoriginal containers showing the pharmacy applied labels. This includes perscription analgesics and syringes. The ship can and will provide a sharps container for used syringes. Just ask your room steward. Yes, carry on was checked at aiport check in but no questions on shjiop boarding. A note from yr DR on perscription pd or letterhead does also help. Most TSA employees can read and have passed at least their GED these days.
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Andee

I have to carry an Epi-pen, and have only been hassled about it once at an airport. Since then, I take a letter from my MD explaining what it is and why I need it. I've never had to show the letter, but feel better having it.
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:46 PM
Admiral

never, ever, never pack your daily drugs in your checked baggage, what happens if your bags get lost. Put them in your carry-on, in their original prescription containers is the best, if that's not practical, bring a copy of the prescription. A doctors note for the syringes might even be required, not sure, but its a good idea to bring it along.