Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Captain

Default Refrigerated Medicines

I recently started a new medicine that I self inject every so often. Will there be any problems bringing the med onboard with a doctors note, and will the ship store it more me? (It needs refrigeration)
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Refrigerated Medicines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe323
I recently started a new medicine that I self inject every so often. Will there be any problems bringing the med onboard with a doctors note, and will the ship store it more me? (It needs refrigeration)
Joe,

If you have the prescription or the pharmacy receipt there should be no problem with taking the medication onboard. I take injectable medication with me on each cruise.

Depending on the cruise line, ship and cabin type you have there may be a refrigerator in your cabin. If not then you can ask your cabin steward to have the medication stored for you. They will be happy to store it for you.

You can also contact the "Special Needs" department of the cruise line you are sailing to arrange storage before you sail. You can do this or you can have your agent do this for you.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me