Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Anyone can please tell me about strep throat symptoms??

Hey few days back i am suffering from rheumatic fever and pain in my throat, is this the symptom of strep throat??? please help me out what are the precautions and medical treatment do i require in order to remain healthy and fit.Tell me about the symptoms of strep throat and how to cure it???
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You should have a strept throat culture done, they can tell pretty fast if it is. Are you already on antibotics? Normally a few days on antibotics will get rid of the bactaria causing the strept...

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Familiar Face

Strep throat is a contagious disease caused by infection with streptococcal bacteria. Strep throat symptoms generally include fever, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes in the neck and redness and swelling of the throat and tonsils. White or yellow patches on the tonsils (signifying pus) are also often present. Strep throat may produce mild or severe symptoms.

Strep throat is most common in school-aged children and teens, with a peak incidence between 5 to 15 years of age. It is estimated that approximately 15% to 40% of cases of sore throat in this age group are caused by Streptococcus spp bacteria. Adults may also develop strep throat, though less commonly (accounts for approximately 5% to 10% of cases of sore throat). Strep throat most commonly occurs between late fall and early spring. It is more widespread during the school year when groups of students are present within an enclosed space.

Though strep throat is the most common bacterial cause of sore throat, it is important to note that most cases of sore throat are in fact due to a viral infection (caused by a virus). A viral sore throat typically improves on its own and does not require treatment with antibiotics. However, the identification of strep throat is important to prevent the possible complications associated with this illness.
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Admiral

If you believe you have strept throat call your physician immediately if not sooner .