Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Post cruise swaying and bobing

I love to cruise. Sadly I think I have been on my last fun ship. my first two cruises were great and I got my landlegs back quickly. Rougher seas on a Canada cruise led me to be a little seasick and it took me three weeks to get over the still on the boat feeling. The following cruise I was sick again and it took even longer to recover once on land. My last cruise was seven days. I started feeling like I had the flu after the first day. I missed all the meals which is the main reason I cruise. I docked in Feb 2012 and I now have the official diagnosis of MdDS. Mal disembarkment syndrome. It has been over a year and a half since I felt normal. Some days are worse than others. All days are below the quality they were before. I am 54 years old. I can no longer drive or shop alone. My brain gets so foggy i can not work. I stay so tired. my grand baby ask me every day if i can play or Am i still sick. I was told from my neurologist each cruise gets worse and the effects last longer. Please just be aware if you cruise and get this feeling the next cruise it may take longer, if ever, to go away.
Sponsored Links