Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2014, 02:43 PM
Captain

Default This could affect your hospital bill if you have an emergency at sea

I saw this on internet Maybe Obamacare experts could tell us if it is true.

Your hospital Medicare admittance has just changed under Obama Care.
You must be admitted by your primary Physician in order for Medicare to pay for it! If you are admitted by an emergency room doctor it is
treated as outpatient care where hospital costs are not covered. This is only the tip of the iceberg for Obama Care.Just wait to see what
happens in this year and 2014!

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS... At age 76 when you most need it most, you are not eligible for cancer treatment * see page 272. What Nancy
Pelosi didn't want us to know until after the health care bill was passed. Remember she said, "We have to pass the Bill so that we can see
what's in it." Well, here it is.
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2014, 04:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Internet Myth. Started to stop Obamacare.

You can Snopes it or go to other sources to see it is invalid. Plus: Medicare does not cover you outside of the country.

snopes.com: Medicare at Age 76

Take care,
Mike (Who is not a fan of ACA but is less of a fan of myths and scare tactics)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 2nd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Captain

Default I know Medicare covers US hopital care but does it cover the following situation

I want to make sure I have this straight since I understand that medical care in US hospitals is covered by Medicare. However I want to know if under Obamacare the physician makes a difference or not.

This was the question raised in my first request for information.

Your hospital Medicare admittance has just changed under Obama Care.
You must be admitted by your primary Physician in order for Medicare to pay for it! If you are admitted by an emergency room doctor it is
treated as outpatient care where hospital costs are not covered.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Nothing in the text of the Affordable Care Act requires that a primary care physician admit patients 76 or older (or any age) in order for their hospital care to be treated under Medicare. Medicare coverage for hospital care is governed not by the ACA, but by provisions of the Social Security Act. SSA does not have any requirement that admittance to the hospital has to be done by a Primary Care Physician.

Do some research.

As I said, and provided in the initial link. Internet myth.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me