Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2001, 11:46 AM
jeanuk

Default mini suite on the Veendam

we have just booked a mini suite on the Veendam`s new years sailing, can any one give me any info on these suites? what extra amenities can we expect? how large is the verandah? and what kind of activities does HAL have for their new years sailings? any info on this ship will be appreciated. thank you, jean
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2001, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: mini suite on the Veendam

Jean,
We were on the Veendam a couple of years ago, in a CAT B. The cabin was wonderful. Roomy, well laid out, and the bathroom had a tub and shower.
The balconies are the most private of all the ships we've been on.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 3rd, 2001, 09:40 PM
Captain

Most of the amenities HAL offers are for the full suites. I am not aware of any special extras for mini-suites. Veendam is a beautiful ship and a great crew. You are sure to have a great cruise.
Old February 18th, 2001, 07:09 PM
airguard

My wife and I were on the Maasdam the last week in November. We had a Cat. A mini-suite. We were surprised with the extra amenities which included a bottle of champagne. personalized stationary, free drycleaning, and a lounge reserved for suite quests waiting to get off the ship at the end of the cruise. All of the message boards indicated these perks were for full suite only.
Old February 19th, 2001, 09:17 AM
John F.

Hi, we are going on the Amsterdam 3/29--4/8 and have a Cat. A mini suite reserved also. It was nice to hear that you got a lot of extra perks. I certainly hope we get the same. I have also read on other boards that only the full suites got all the extra's. Thanks. John F.
Old February 22nd, 2001, 11:19 AM
jeanuk

thanks to all for the input, HAL certainly know how to treat their guests!! I have 2 other cruises booked prior to my HAL cruise but am looking forward mostly to the Veendam at new years, jean