Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2001, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default HAL's Miami Air charter to Costa Rica?

Just found out HAL is flying me from Calgary to Miami, overnighting in Miami, and then we're on a charter down to Costa Rica on Miami air to catch up with the Amsterdam.
This seemed like a pretty bizarre arrangement. Taking us from almost the west coast to the east, just to head back to Costa Rica from there.

Anyone have any experiences with this charter flight they can share? Do they allow antlers in the overhead bins?

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2001, 09:46 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: HAL's Miami Air charter to Costa Rica?

Hi Mo,

Where are you overnighting? Want to go out to dinner with me? I found a LACSA flight early in the morning that costs $100 less than HAL's one way fare to San Jose, so I won't be with you on the charter. Sorry, don't know about the antler situation. Nina has the cruise docs. Since she is coming down from DC via Houston, we needed to e-mail the agent. they are issuing docs for me and I can't wait to get them. Part of the pre-cruise fun for me is filling out everything, reading everything, imagining everything. Well, I'm sure you understand. Won't be long now.

Carole
Old March 2nd, 2001, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Carole,
They're putting us up at the Airport Hilton, Miami. We're scheduled to get into Miami at 4:30, so it's likely I'll rent a car for the evening. So, sure dinner should work.
No docs here yet Hopefully soon!
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old March 3rd, 2001, 05:17 PM
Carole Dunham

Nina, my smart daughter, came up with a reason why they might be flying you from Calgary to Miami for the charter to San Jose. To fill up the charter.

Carole
Old March 4th, 2001, 01:34 AM
Anna Goruk

I went on this cruise in Nov./00 from Calgary to Costa Rica via Dallas - Ft. Worth. But we had a pre-cruise package which could make a difference.The Cloud Forest in Costa Rica was fantastic and the new ship was incredible, Holland America has done it again!!!!
Old March 4th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Anna Goruk wrote:
>
> I went on this cruise in Nov./00 from Calgary to Costa Rica
> via Dallas - Ft. Worth. But we had a pre-cruise package which
> could make a difference.The Cloud Forest in Costa Rica was
> fantastic and the new ship was incredible, Holland America
> has done it again!!!!

Wow.. not only another Canuck, but also from Calgary too. Cool!

I fully expected to go AA through Dallas. That's the most common flight itin for us getting to Caribbean cruises. I never considered having routing that would take us all the way to the east coast, just to turn around and head west, otherwise I would have definately opted for air deviation.
Oh well, even an old dog .....
Thanks for the comments about the ship. I have heard wonderful things about her, and we're definately looking forward to getting onboard.
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old March 4th, 2001, 07:31 PM
Carole Dunham

Mo, American is having labor problems and they expect it to go out on strike very soon. That could be another reason why they've routed you via Miami. Anna is right. The Cloud forest is magnificent. I spend quite a bit of time in Costa Rica. A friend of mine has a resort there. The country is glorious, 45% of its land mass is National Parks.

Carole
Old March 5th, 2001, 05:41 PM
John F.

Hi Carole, we are booked on American out of Miami to San Jose on 03/29.Certainly hope they don't go out on strike before then!!! There is a couple
of options for us to get their if they do. Let's hope we make the ship in time. John & Priscilla
Old March 5th, 2001, 11:17 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi John,

I chose a LACSA flight. First, because I just reached LACSA's senior age and could travel down for $100 less than I could on American and second because their flight is on an airbus and American's on a 727. Only fly in the ointment is that it leaves at 7:30AM! Still, I will be too excited to sleep the night before so getting there on time shouldn't be any trouble at all.

Carole