Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Yeoman

Default Amsterdam this summer

Is anyone going on the Ireland and Iceland journey in July?
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:37 AM
max

Default Re: Amsterdam this summer

Hi Carol...we are scheduled to visit the Norwegian Fjords end of June and then Baltic into July...your itinerary must follow ours...Max
Old June 5th, 2001, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Carol:

My wife & I will be sailing on the Ireland & Ice cruise in July. We are also signed on for the pre-cruise package in Paris & London. This will be our 4th HAL cruise. We are hoping for another great cruise experience. So far, HAL has not disappointed us. We have sailed on the Ryndam, Noordam & Maasdam.
Old June 7th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Yeoman

This is our third trip, and yes, we have not been disappointed, yet. I am trying to get word about the shore excursions from people who did the trip in May. Hope someone responds. I posted the e-mail a few weeks ago. Thanks for responding.
Old June 7th, 2001, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Carol:

I received our HAL trip docs today! Many excursions to choose from at each location. My TA has been to Iceland and Ireland and the Faroe & Shetland Islands. I will get input from her. Unlike our prior HAL cruises, they sent excursion request form now and want it back 2 weeks prior to cruising date.

We live in Las Vegas & are looking forward to escaping the heat for a few days. We have early seating for dinner and our cabin is on lower promenade deck. We are really looking forward to this experience-it will be our longest cruise.

Bill
Old June 9th, 2001, 10:33 PM
Don Ewbank

I believe you can review all shore excursions at the HAL web site: www.hollandamerica.com. We are going on the Amsterdam 22Aug cruise and were able to see the excursions at the HAL site.
Good luck, Don
Old June 11th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Yeoman

This is our longest cruise ever, too. We have late seating. I hope to lern what shore excursions are best. Glad you responded to me.
Old June 28th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Carol:

Have you made your excursion choices yet?

We opted for the Waterford tour out of Cork; the countryside tour out of Dublin; and, the Giant's Causeway tour out of Belfast.

In Reykjavik, we are going to ride the horses in the morning and the city tour in the afternoon. In Akeyuri (spelling??) my wife passed on the excursion up to the Arctic Circle-I couldn't resist! I hope the weather holds for that excursion.

I assume we will be bussed from our hotel in London up to Harwich on the 17th.

Hope we get to meet you on-board the Amsterdam!

Bill
Old June 29th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Yeoman

Hi Bill,

Yes, we have selected our excursions. Our selections are:
Guernsey Island Drive - am
Glendalough
Belfast - A Living History am
Iceland on Horseback - pm (I do not think I will want to do anything else after I horseback ride. I told my husband we WILL do a laundry upon our return.)
Torshavn Panoramic tour.

We are staying at the Thistle Kensington Park Hotel. We will fly to London July 12 which is very soon! We booked this separately from our cruise as well as our air transportation. If you booked your hotel via HAL then I am almost certain you will receive transfers. We looked into transfers, but separately they cost about $155.00/person. That seemed too high. We will take a taxi to a train station and then the rail to Harwich on the 17th. That seems very awkward with all of our luggage, but we will manage.
Old June 29th, 2001, 09:58 PM
BillS

Carol: I think we will be on at least two excursions at same time. I agree about the laundry post-horseback-we asked to ride in the AM and plan on heading right back to the ship and changing clothes, etc and using the laundry facilities for those duds right away!

We also leave on the 12th but land in Paris first & arrive London on Sunday, 15th via the Chunnel/Eurostar and will be at the Churchill Inter-Continental - taking the HAL furnished transfer to Harwich-don't know if it will be by bus or train.

I"ve been watching the temperatures and London looks comfortable in low 70s to low 80s and Copenhagen bit cooler. I haven't seen Rekyavik get to 60 degrees in the last week, but living in Vegas, we are looking forward to cooling off a bit.

This weekend my wife and I will start to get organized!!!

Bill