Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2001, 06:37 PM
Bob T.

Default Israel this summer

I have a couple of relatives booked on the Rotterdam for the June 26th Cruise. The Cruise is scheduled to stop in Israel. I've told them that I can't imagine the ship will be stopping there based on the current state of affairs, but I haven't seen any notice from HAL that they are changing the itinerary. I have seen change notices from other lines, but not HAL. Can anyone shed any light on HAL's current plans?
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:46 PM
paradocs

Default Re: Israel this summer

My cruise agent informed me of the changes over a month ago. Got my travel documents this week which confirm the changes. HAL removed the 2 Israel ports and took away a sea day. They added Cypress, Rhodes and Santorini. Hope this helps.

Do your relatives have teenaged children by chance? We do and it would be fun for them to get a headstart on meeting new friends.
Old May 27th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Bob T.

Default Re: Israel this summer

They do have a wonderful teenage daughter. They are on the June 26th sailing. Since I posted my message, they told me they were just informed by their travel agent about the changes. They were expecting the changes and intending to go, but I found it interesting that HAL did not not announce the changes until after final payment.