Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2001, 08:57 AM
Rob Millers

Default Baltic/Northern Europe Cruise

If anyone has been on this itinerary, please post information on tours for Stockholm and Kalmar Sweden and Finland. We are considering visiting these ports "on our own". Anyone have suggested highlights to recommend? Please also include any other Baltic Cruise port/shopping tips? How was the weather? We will be on the July 5 Holland America Amsterdam cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Baltic/Northern Europe Cruise

My standard advice, Rob ...

Get the Lonely Planet guide to Scandanavian and Baltic Europe. And enjoy!

pamda -- CM Utility Infielder
Old June 15th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Yeoman

We went on the Maasdam last year. Will you be visiting Visby? Great Swedish port. We started in Stockholm so did not take shore excursions there. We did visit Helsinki and I'd advise against the city tour. My husband says that everthing you need to see here is in walking distance of the port except the Rock Church. Senate Square and Market Square are the main areas of interest. There is Sibelius Park named for the composer with an impressive sculpture, but certainly not worth the bus tour.

Feel free to e-mail me, but put in the subject box shore excursions so that I open the e-mail.
Old June 30th, 2001, 01:52 PM
riggan

Hallo over there!!!!!
Wellcome to Sweden. I just want you to know thar we just now have a beautyful summerweather here. About 23C in the days and 16-18 in the nights, and for the next 5 days it will be the same weather.
My husband and I were in Kalmar last Wednesday and saw Noordam. We live in the summer on Íland , 5km from Kalmar and we love cruiseshis.. We have a son who is working on INFINITY to Alaska. He is Aquaspatherapist.
Kalmar is a wonderful summertown. Perhaps we will bee in Kalmar next saturday when Noordam arrives.
Excuise my bad english.
Once again wellcome tom Sweden and Kalmar
Riggan
Old June 30th, 2001, 01:52 PM
riggan

Hallo over there!!!!!
Wellcome to Sweden. I just want you to know thar we just now have a beautyful summerweather here. About 23C in the days and 16-18 in the nights, and for the next 5 days it will be the same weather.
My husband and I were in Kalmar last Wednesday and saw Noordam. We live in the summer on Íland , 5km from Kalmar and we love cruiseshis.. We have a son who is working on INFINITY to Alaska. He is Aquaspatherapist.
Kalmar is a wonderful summertown. Perhaps we will bee in Kalmar next saturday when Noordam arrives.
Excuise my bad english.
Once again wellcome tom Sweden and Kalmar
Riggan