Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default suite on zaandam

We have booked a suite on the Zaandam for this August to Alaska. There will be 4 of us sharing the one room. Has anyone booked a suite before on HAL? Will be bumping into each other and are the extra little "perks" worth it? We did get a fairly good price (I think) This will be our first cruise, so am not sure if we've done the right thing. (people going: My mom, husband, sister in law, and me). In any case its already booked, so what the heck--but it might help to know what we've got ourselves into!! Thanks for your advice.

Wendy
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:51 AM
dizyca

Default Re: suite on zaandam

Wendy - although I have never booked a Suite, I have been in one. They are quite large with a Queen sized bed and a sofa that sleeps 2, I believe. There is a dressing room, separate from the bathroom and a large balcony. They really are very nice.
Yes, the little extras are worth it if 4 of you are sharing. I know Suites get free laundry service, but don't know if applies to all 4 of you or only 2.
My husband, son, daughter (in their 20's) and I stayed in a much smaller room than the Suite on the Rotterdam V, years ago and it was fine. We only had a shower in the bathroom, but we made up a schedule of who would shower first, etc. and everything worked out perfectly.
You will be fine, I am sure.
Have a great time.
Old June 27th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Passenger

You are going to love your suite. The free laundry alone is worth the price of a suite . Actually the suites are very large and the balcony is HUGE!! The only problem we had was with the dressing area. Its configured a little weird, so you do tend to run into each other, and the lighting above the dressing table is very bad but other than those two negatives the suite is great! The humungus couch makes into a bed (Queen size I believe) and is quite comfortable. Hope you have a great cruise! Oh, one warning - you're going to be so spoiled you'll never want a regular cabin again :o)
Old June 27th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Yes2cruising

This web site is all about the Zaandam. A lot of effort and reviews on each photo. This individual spent a great deal of time putting this together. I enjoyed it.

<http://parnami.freeyellow.com/zaandam.html>
Old July 5th, 2001, 10:28 AM
Talliho

A suite is ALWAYS worth it!! Have a wonderful trip!