Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2001, 07:58 PM
CC

Default Flight Time after Cruise

I fixing to book my airfare to Ft. Lauderdale for my cruise on HAL in December. Flight time going down is no problem since we are leaving the night before. What I need to know is on my return is a 12:45pm flight out of Ft. Lauderdale enough time to disembark, gather our bags, get to the airport and catch the plane without killing ourselves. You have to be at the airport at least 1 (to 1 1/2) hours before it leaves and I would rather not have to run to catch it.
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2001, 12:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Flight Time after Cruise

Yup.. u should have no trouble making a 12:45 flight. Just go to the Purser's desk early in the cruise with your air tickets, showing the early flight, and they'll get you in one of the early groups for debarkation.

Regards,
Kuki
Old July 7th, 2001, 12:30 PM
dizyca

Default Re: Flight Time after Cruise

You won't have any probelm with a flight at this time. You will no doubt be off the ship around 10am or earlier and have plenty of time to get to the FLL airport. Take a cab - it is faster than waiting for everyone to get their luggage on the bus, and then board the bus. The bus driver waits until the bus is full before he proceed to the airport and then he makes stop at the different airlines along the way. Not very good if yours is the last drop. The cab fare is only around $10.00 and well worth it.
Eary in your cruise you will receive a form to fill out re your flight arrangements. Fill it out and drop it in the box provided (or hand it in if no box) at the Purser's desk. There is no need to show them your tickets.
Have fun.