Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2001, 09:10 AM
MJ Rubinstein

Default Ryndam/South Amer./11/14

We are looking forward to this cruise and would like to hear from others who either are going or have gone. Though we are not new to cruising, we have never been to S. America. Any information on shipboard activities and shore excursions would be helpful. Has anyone been to the Tango and Samba dinners in port? We are also spending two days pre-cruise in Santiago and Valparaiso and any info on these would also be appreciated. Looking forward to meeting other "Cruisemates".
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Kitty Bubb

Default Re: Ryndam/South Amer./11/14

Hi. I am sailing from Rio To Valpariso Dec. 1 cruise on Ryndam.. and I too am interested in shore excursions.. also the Tango and Samba shows in Buenos Aires and Rio - as well as the barbeque/ranch tour in Buenos Aires.. if you find anyone who has "been" on these- please e-mail me the "tips" -- kittyicky@aol.com Would appreciate it. Also you can e-mail the following person: munro_kenneth@hotmail.com (Kenneth Munro) He is in Santiago, Chile I think?? has some sort of travel agency.. and he has a Web site with lots of tour info but you have to ask the price.. of tours.. good information. Again if you hear anything about tango/samba shows- especially in Buenos Aires and the barbeque/ranch tour-- would deeply appreciate. kittyicky@aol.com
Old August 29th, 2001, 12:59 AM
First Mate

We are going on this same cruise (11/14) although have no pre/post cruise days as my mother uses a wheelchair and we could not be assured of wheelchair accessible hotels. Also looking for information on ports and trips, although we are mostly interested in those things we could see from a hired car (with driver) or cab as we cannot get my mother onto a bus.
Old September 15th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Alice F. Coyl

We're leaving San Diego on October 28th and will arrive in Valpariaso, Chile on November 14th...wish we could continue with you but we will be flying home. I have been trying to find out what the new airline regulations are concerning our flight. I read on another site that one woman was told by her travel agent that there is no more curbside check-in, no carry-on luggage, no purses (wallet size only permitted), no camera bags, no knives or sissors regardless of size or type. This puts me in a position of not knowing what to do. I am diabetic and a serious photographer. I will not check my medications, diabetic supplies and camera with my luggage. I have e-mailed American Airlines but due to the current conditions, I'm not sure when, or if ever I will hear from them. I have contacted my travel agent who will contact HAL to see what they know. But, even if we are told one thing before we leave by HAL, when we get to Santiago, Chile and head home, we may be told something entirely different by the airport officials. I'm getting very nervous about this whole trip.

Does anyone know what is going on with the new safety regulations?

Alice