Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2001, 11:48 AM
jeanuk

Default Mexican Riviera on HAL

we are considering sailing the Mex. Riv. next year on HAL. Already have 2 HAL cruises booked for new years :Veendam and Mar.4th on the Zaandam, but have decided to get away from the Carib. for a change of scenery. Anyone done this cruise on HAL? which cruise is the best and what time of year is best to sail the Pacific? thanx for any and all info.........jean
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Gary Derosier

Default Re: Mexican Riviera on HAL

Jeanuk, my wife and I are sailing on the Ryndam on a 7 day Sea of Cortez cruise Oct. 1. We have done the Mexican Riviera twice before, both times in late September. Weather on both cruises was great. Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan are in the tropics so it was very hot and humid even at that time of year.Cabo was beautiful. With Hal or Carnivals Elation, I think you will have a great cruise. But then again any cruise is better then staying at home. Hope this helps, Gary.
Old September 12th, 2001, 11:02 AM
Tim Agg

We are looking seriously at the Sea of Cortez route for next spring - I'd be interested in hearing a report, especially on the ports, shore trips and nature [esp.marine wildlife]. We know the Ryndam well, having spent 3 wonderful weeks on a 1996 Vancouver - Ft. Lauderdale cruise.
Old September 12th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Vada

We just booked the Sea of Cortez on the Ryndam for 4/24/02. It is the 10-day version, and I am ready!
A couple we met on our last cruise (Radiance 4/23/01) E mailed us that they are going to be on the same ship and itinerary in October too. I am eager to hear all they have to say about their experience.
I guess my 2 burning questions are:
1. Will the natives be accepting of these cruise ship passengers converging on their quiet villages (in the Sea of Cortez)?
2. What are our chances of seeing whales?
Any comments?
Vada
Old September 15th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Alice F. Coyl

We have taken the Mexican Riviera cruise from San Diego to Acapulco four times on the Statendam and have thoroughly enjoyed every trip. We are booked on the Ryandam on October 18th for the Sea of Cortez trip and then leaving on the 28th on the Ryandam for South America. Back to back cruises, same cabin, unpack and pack once, 27 days of being pampered...can't wait.

Our only concern now is flying back from Santiago, Chile. I heard today that new airline regulations allow no carry-on luggage, no purses, wallet size only, no knives or sissors of any size or type, no camera bags. If anyone knows the up-to-date information, please post it here. I have written American Airlines but due to the current situation, may never hear from them. I e-mailed my travel agent and he will check with HAL since they booked our air flight as part of our cruise package. If the information I heard is correct, that means no carrying of medicines (I'm diabetic), cameras, overnight bag, nothing...and what if we're told one thing and get to the airport in Santiago and they tell us something different. I'm getting kind of nervous about this whole thing.

Alice Coyl