CHANGES TO HOLLAND AMERICA'S 2002 CRUISE SCHEDULE
PRODUCT-BY-PRODUCT OVERVIEW OF 2002 CHANGES
Flagship Amsterdam will not sail her previously published Europe schedule.
Instead, she moves to Seattle, from which she will sail roundtrip on 7-day
Alaska Inside Passage cruises, May 18-Sep 21.
* Amsterdam replaces her Europe schedule with a 7-day Alaska program.
* The new Prinsendam maintains her published Northern Europe/Baltic
schedule, but her two Mediterranean cruises, as well as her Red Sea cruise,
have been cancelled to allow for a completely new Africa itinerary.
* Noordam will sail in the Baltic and Mediterranean as previously
* Cruises in the Eastern Mediterranean have been replaced with Western
PANAMA CANAL CRUISES
* Flagship Rotterdam's 10-day Panama Canal schedule has been revised
so that 13 of 15 cruises now sail roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale. This
revised itinerary still includes a full-day Panama Canal experience through
the locks to Gatun Lake, while offering our guests greater convenience and
lower air travel expense.
* Rotterdam's Jan 6 & 16 cruises will still operate 10 days between
Ft.Lauderdale/Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica, complete with a full daylight
transit of the Panama Canal.
* Two new Panama Canal cruises have been added in Spring and Fall as
the Amsterdam positions to Seattle for her Alaska season.
* In Fall of 2002, Zaandam begins 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruises
roundtrip from Port Canaveral, Florida. This convenient port is near the
Kennedy Space Center on central Florida's Atlantic coast, less than one hour
* Holland America offers regular departures from three convenient
Florida home ports: Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa and Port Canaveral.
* In the Fall, Amsterdam will sail six new 10-day Seafarer(R) and
Wayfarer(R) cruises roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale.
In the Fall of 2002, the Ryndam moves from South America to sail nine 7-day
cruises and one 10-day cruise to Mexico, roundtrip from San Diego.
SOUTH AMERICA CRUISES
* The Ryndam will sail previously scheduled cruises through Spring
2002, then deploy to San Diego for her new Fall Mexico season.
* Ryndam returns to South America in January 2003 for Winter/Spring
* The Amsterdam's January 20, 2002 World Cruise no longer calls in the
Middle East, Suez Canal and Mediterranean.
* Instead, Amsterdam alters course southwards to the Indian Ocean,
South Africa, South America and the Caribbean.
* New ports of call include Madras, India; the Seychelles; Mauritius;
Richard's Bay, Durban & Cape Town, South Africa; St. Helen's; Rio de
Janeiro, Salvador & Bahia, Brazil; Devil's Island; Dominica; and St. Thomas.
* Nine new segment cruises are available for sale.
* Optional African safaris are offered in South Africa.
* Prinsendam sails two 22-day itineraries: Lisbon/West Africa/Cape
Town, South Africa, and Cape Town/Mumbai (Bombay), India. Prinsendam departs
Lisbon September 3, and Cape Town September 24.
* The Amsterdam's revised 2002 World Cruise visits three ports in
HAWAII CRUISES - NO ITINERARY CHANGES
CANADA & NEW ENGLAND CRUISES - NO ITINERARY CHANGES
ASIA & PACIFIC EXPLORER CRUISES - NO ITINERARY CHANGES
2001 HOLIDAY CRUISES - NO ITINERARY CHANGES