Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2001, 01:42 AM
First Mate

Default ZAANDAM NOV.30-O1 CRUISE

Just returned from our Zaandam cruise--and I am happy to report that it was great--Our guaranteed cabin was on deck 1 Dolphin inside--It was large with plenty of closet space and a couch and also very clean-- The rest of the ship was beauiful--Food delcious and a very good menue--Want you to know there wasn't any charge to eat in the alternative dining room the Marco Polo--and the food and service there was beautiful-
Food was very good also in the Lido--at breakfast and lunch--and the waiters so helpful--and on their toes--The dinner served in the Lido was very good--and the tables were set with cloths-and crystal stem goblets--salads and appetizers were buffet serve your
self--your entree was brought to you--Selections were varied--a choice of about five--
Deck Stewards were on hand to serve you outside on the Lido deck and they weren't too pushy--also they still serve you the lemonade at 11AM and iced tea at 4PM on the deck--A nice touch is their bringing it to you-
The entertainment was much better than I remember it on previous cruises--and my group just loved the Cruise Director Frankie Ford
a very lovely woman--she was to be seen everywhere and often,-
with always a smile for everyone and so helpful--a real asset to the line--so--seems all in the large group I was with left the ship well satisfied and happy with our cruise-I sincerely hope HAL doesn't cut back on the little extras it gives--they mean alot--to us--
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2001, 09:11 AM
First Mate

Default Re: ZAANDAM NOV.30-O1 CRUISE

Thank you for the very reassuring review of your Zaandam cruise. We leave for our Zaandam cruise in 16 days feeling so much more relieved now having read your message.
Old December 18th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Hi pat...16 days/ you sail on the 3rd!!!!..see you onboard!
Jean..appreciate the great comments. We just got our cabin assignment today..also the Dolphin deck...with a porthole.
Cannot wait to get on board!
Old December 19th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Tim Agg

Was on the Nov 10 Zaandam sailing and completely agree with the rave review. Wish I were still on board.
Old December 20th, 2001, 02:02 AM
Captain

We were on the November 20 cruise and it was fabulous. I see a pattern of CONSISTENCY. To quote Martha Stewart: "That's a good thing". We will be returning in February so I guess that says it all about how much we enjoyed ourselves.
Old December 22nd, 2001, 11:10 AM
jeanuk

Thanks for the review Jean, we will be on the Z. in March. Leaving next week on the NY sailing of the Veendam, can`t wait!! Glad nothings changed re. food and service......another Jean