Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Australia/ New Zealand- Prisendam

Dear Fellow Cruisers,
I must first admit that I am a Princess fan who is considering HAL for a cruise of Australia/New Zealand. HAL appears to have a definite edge on Itineraries over the Regal Princess. We consider the Royal Princess and Sun-class ships our favorites as opposed to the Crown/Regal and Grand class. Please send advice/comments on the Australia/New Zealand itineraries on HAL and on the Prisendam.

Thank you.

G'day Mates,
Bop
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Australia/ New Zealand- Prisendam

Hi Pat,
Thank you for the response and for setting me straight on the Prinsendam. As you can see, the Prinsendam and HAL in general are very new to me and was just recommended to me as a possible alternative to Marco Polo and Regal Princess. For pete's sake, I didn't even have the spelling of the ship's name correct!
Any information on the HAL cruising experience and the Auckland to Sydney itinerary would be greatly appreciated. We are a retired couple in our late fifties who have 5 cruises under our belts, all on Princess, in the last 4 years. Have heard good things about HAL from relatives. I will pursue a good price on a one-way as we will not be able to stay away from home for a month plus. Since we have never considered Seabourn, due to the price, a "used" Seabourn ship may be the next best thing. !

Thanks again and good criusing,
Bop
Old February 25th, 2002, 03:42 PM
JimG

Before she was the Seaborne Sun, "I Believe" she was the Royal Viking Sun, one of the plushest ships ever to float. The Royal Viking Line was absolutely prime on amenities and service.
Old February 25th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the history lesson on the Prinsendam, nee Seabourn Sun, nee Royal Viking Sun. The prospect of cruising on her is becoming more and more appealing!

Take care,
Jim
Old February 26th, 2002, 08:41 AM
First Mate

The Prinsendam is to be HAL's "upscale" ship when she is refurbished. Do know a few people who sailed on her when she was the Seabourne Sun and they loved the ship. I am sure you would have a wonderful time.