Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim
Default diningroom seating

Hi,
This will be our 1st cruise. Four of us will be doing the Inside Passage on the Zaandam leaving beautiful Vancouver on May 18th. We're booked for late seating, table for 8, but would also like to request a table by a window so that we can enjoy the long days and the scenery going by. Is this possible to do in advance or do we have to see the MD once we get on board? Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Brad Krewson-Cleveland,OH

Default Re: diningroom seating

Call your TA right away to see if she could request a table by the window for 8.

I was on that ship in 2001 and we sat at a table for eight. If I rememder right , they only have tables for 2 or 4 by the windows. We were about the third table away from the window. I hope I am wrong.

Or try:

After you broad and put your carry on luggage in the room. You will find a small red ribbons with your table number on them in the folder they put with all the ship information. Try to go to the dining room asap before the first sitting and check out your table to see were it is. Maybe you can make changes then?
Old April 11th, 2002, 07:32 AM
First Mate

We sat at a table for 6 on the Veendam by a window on the lower level. I don't think there are tables for 8 by the window. They use round tables for 8 persons and they are just beside the window tables. I am sure you can everything from one of these.
Old April 18th, 2002, 12:27 AM
Randee

On our last two cruises with Hal we sat by the window. However, they kept the curtains closed during dinner. I was told that a dining experience is what staff is going for. Also, ships usually sail from one port to the next during dining hours and it is hoped that any
slight motion sickness is eliminated by not showing view. Also, we do late dining and it is dark outside at this time. If you end up be a window, you can always ask for curtains to be opened. They aim to please.