Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2002, 03:57 PM
HannaS77

Default Statendam-San Diego

Anyone who has booked a future cruise on the Statendam embarking or disembarking in San Diego, California I have the following recommendation. On April 7, 2002 we embarked from San Diego for a ten day cruise on the Mexican Riviera. The embarkation was just about the worst we have ever encountered. This was our fourth cruise out of San Diego, the third with the Statendam and one on the Ryndam during 2000 nd 2001. Except for one cruise when due to a terrible rainstorm with an 18 car pile up on the freeway we arrived at the pier at 3:30PM, the other times the embarkations were as erratic and choatic as on April 7. I suggest that you do not plan to arrive at the pier until after 3:00PM for passengers arriving at that time told me they walked right in in matter of minutes.. These people have just not gotten their act together. The problem is not at the sign in desk in the terminal but outside before you ever get into the terminal. Confusion reins among the HAL temporary employees, security and those directing traffic.

Disembarkation was quick for we were off the ship by 9:30AM. Unfortunately our pick up to Palm Desert, Cal. was not scheduled until 11:00AM so I had plenty of time to see what was going on. It was sheer bedlam for picking up passengers until about 10:30 AM. When our driver arrived a l0:45AM he had no problem loading us and our luggage.

HannaS77
Sponsored Links