Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Kitty cruiser

Default questions on Statendam from Vancouver to Sweard

This is my first time on HAL with Statendam. Can someone help me with some questions:

1> What times are the shows at night?
2. What times are the dining times?
3) Is there a 24 hour buffet?
4) does the cabins have have a refregriator. (sorry about the spelling)
5) How long does disembarkation take? We arrive at Seward at 8 am.

thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Thoth

Default Re: questions on Statendam from Vancouver to Sweard

I was on the Statendam last September roundtrip out of Vancouver.
I was on second seating at 8:15 dinner and the shows at 10:15. Now they have 4 seatings, I believe. According to the book, the Verandah suits have refriderators, while those rooms without verandahs also lack refriderators.
For me at least, embrarkation and debarkation was a breeze.
Old July 10th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Kitty cruiser

Default Re: Re: questions on Statendam from Vancouver to Sweard

Thanks, also, can you tell me if people used the outdoor jogging track on the ship or is the weather in Alsaka too cold for this.
Old July 13th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Maureen O

We just got home from the Statendam, we were on the 7/4 thru 7/11 sailing. It was awesome. The show times 8:30 for early seatings and 10:15 for main seating. They did make some adjustments on special days like Dutch Choclate extravaganza night when the main seating show was early 6:45 and early seating show late 8:30 p.m. so that everyone could attend the Choclate show, It was beautifully presented and oh so good. The shows with the Statendam cast were very good, the singing and dancing were full of energy and very entertaining. There were 4 sittings for dinner early 5:45 upper and 6:15 lower, main 8:00 upper and 8:30 lower. The service in the dining room was excellant as was the food. The lido buffet is open for casual dining from 6am to 10 am for breakfast, 11:30 to 2:30 for lunch and 6 to 7:30 for dinner. They also have a late night buffet from 11:00pm to midnight. Pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, and tacos are also available from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm on the lido deck. In addition they have 24 hour room service free of charge. We did not have a fridge in our room but I do think you can rent one if you need one for 7 dollars a week. Getting off the ship was timed according to your individual needs. We docked in Seaward at 4am and the first group was off at 6:15. They give you a departure time baised on your tours, flights or whatever arrangments you have made for leaving Seaward. You can look forward to a great trip. The weather was beautiful for our week and I saw lots of people jogging on the sports deck.
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Thoth

Last year I too put some miles in on the Lower Promenade deck as did plenty of others. It is a great place to walk becouse it encircles the ship and is dry. The signs say no running but people were runnning anyway so it must not be a real issue. The Sports Deck has a small jogging track in which I saw no-one. On the S-Dam's sister ships they replaced this Sports Deck running track with tennis and basketball courts with nets. My guess is that this track was just too small for most people so they made modifcations on the last 3 S-class ships.
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Maureen O, thank you for posting your recent experience on the Statendam. I have not seen too many descriptions of other cruiser's experiences on the Statendam this season. I will be sailing her in September and it is the first time for me to be on this ship. I am glad to know that you had such a great experience. Thanks!!! Now, I am really hoping the time will fly!

Old July 14th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Kitty cruiser

Default Re: Re: questions on Statendam from Vancouver to Sweard

I also wanted to thank Marlene and everyone else for the wonderful descriptions and info on jogging track. It is my first time cruising wiht HAL and I never read things about this ship. The chocolate special sounded great!! I hope we have good weather good. I am leaving to Vancouver on Aug 15.