Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Fishinbg

Default Zuiderdam/Ages

My wife and I are in our late 20's and we booked a cruise on the "Z" for 10/23/04-10/30/04 on the Eastern Caribbean. This will be my 4th cruise and my wife's second. I have cruised with RCCL, Carnival and NCL before. The average age on these ships seemed to be somewhere around 35-45 which is fine with us. We are not the typical "kids". We like to relax and just enjoy being away from the norm of every day life. We're not looking for a 7 day party like a carnival ship. I am just wondering what the average age is on the "Z". I have heard it is mainly couples in their 50's and 60's. Is this true? We we be the youngest adults on the ship? What will the music in the nightclub be like? My wife loves to dance and I want to make sure she'll be able to.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:03 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Zuiderdam/Ages

I've actually heard just the opposite... that the Zuiderdam has been attracting more families with kids versus HAL's other ships. I just turned 30 last week, so by some standards I'm now "older" (my students think so), but was 29 when we cruised Maasdam last Thanksgiving. Of our cruises on Norwegian and Celebrity, we found that HAL Maasdam was definitely a more mature crowd and fewer children, but have been reading on various message boards about how the Z has been attracting families with children. We're set to cruise on the Zuiderdam this Thanksgiving, so we'll see!
~ Mandy
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Zuiderdam/Ages

I am sailing Zuiderdam in September for a back-to-back Western and Eastern itinerary. This will be my first voyage on the Vista class, but have frequented the other HAL ships. I too expect more diversity and age mix on the Z. Although I avoid the summer months when more children are aboard (and Holiday Sailings), I expect to see more 20's -50's passenger then usual for HAL.
Old July 9th, 2004, 10:19 AM
First Mate

You'll have to tell us all about it when you return, Mike! That should be fun!! I'm a teacher, so I can't take off from school during the schoolyear - can only cruise when all the kiddos are out (which is why I seek out one with less kids - so I can truly have a 'vacation'!).
Old July 13th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Passenger

We just returned from a cruise aboard the Zuiderdam and we noted that there was a wide variety of ages aboard. There were many older couples, but also many families and younger people. I think any age group would be comfortable on this ship. We requested dining seating with people in our age group and it was amazing how well they accomplished that. So, you might consider a similar request.