Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2002, 05:44 PM
slotl

Default Rotterdam TransAtlantic Aug 10

What a cruise!!!! 16 days Boston to Harwich via St. Pierre, St. Johns, Greenland, Iceland (2 stops), the Faroe Islands, the Orkney Islands, Edinburgh Scotland (just in time for the Military Tatoo), Amsterdam (for the flower show Floriade which occurs every ten years), and ending in Harwich. The ship is now returning Transatlantic via the British Isles, Iceland, Greenland, Canada, and ending in NY to begin the 'fall foliage' cruises to Canada. It will spend the winter doing partial transits of the Panama Canal.

The Rotterdam food, service, and staff were the BEST that I have ever experienced.

The ports were very well planned, the tours (and tour choices) were excellent. Lots of information about each stop and every passenger need was accomodated.

After this cruise experience, I am convinced that HAL is my preferred cruise line for all my future cruising.

I understand why the Rotterdam VI is their flagship. I had cruised on the 'old' Rotterdam V 3 times and it WAS my favorite ship. I can still say that the Rotterdam is my favorite ship.

Go out of your way to try a cruise on the Rotterdam, you won't be sorry.

Slotl
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Dolphins

Default Re: Rotterdam TransAtlantic Aug 10

Couldn't agree more. We just returned from the Rotterdam's following cruise from Harwich to New York and it was great even though we hit rough seas from Scotland to Newfoundland and our Greenland port had to be cancelled. The highlights of our cruise were the spectacular scenery in Prince Christian's Sound Greenland, the fine cuisine of master chef John Mulvaney, the superb dance music of City Lights in the Ocean Bar and the cast production shows which were the best we have ever seen on any cruise line. The Rotterdam is a wonderful ship with an outstanding staff.