Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Pascalle

Default Oosterdam or Zuiderdam? Or Royal Carib's Navigator of the Se

Hello Everyone,

I have a question that need urgent help on! I'm quite new to the whole cruising concept and need some help in booking my next cruise! I have achoice of 3 cruises and I really need some help in choosing as I have never been on any of the lines before.......

We like the whole formal dressing up process and we very much enjoy the food aspect of the cruise.We also like to participate in many on board activities.We have a choice of either the OOsterdam, Zuiderdam , or RC's Navigator of the Seas. Which is best for us?

I am a bit worried about the reports of smells and poor service on the Holland America ships.............whats the service and food like on Royal Caribbean? Overall which is the more luxurious/personal service/special touches ship? We really want this to be a great cruise as it's my partners and mines last holiday together, so any help and advice would be so much appreciated...

Thanks for your help

Pascalle x
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Oosterdam or Zuiderdam? Or Royal Carib's Navigator of th

I've done 12 cruises in the past 4 years on 5 different cruise lines .... I rate HAL second only to Celebrity and slightly above Princess.

HAL has one older ship (Nordham) that I may not recommend but all the others that I have been on are top notch (Ryndam, Statendam, Rotterdam, and Oosterdam)

Read up on the ships at http://www.cruisereviews.com/
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship

Pascalle,
HAL has many more of the personal touches then RCCI ever has. However, I would stick with the Vista Class ships of HAL as they do have more activities then the S Class. The Oosterdam is a Vista class ship.
FYI, I have been on several RCCI ships and HAL ships to compare. I just came off the Zuiderdam 4/23/04 (Sister to Oosterdam) and there were no wierd smells onboard as reported in the past.

65+ cruises on over 10 cruiselines.

Celebrity Mercury 09-24-07
HAL Veendam 12-16-07
PCL Golden Princess 04-19-08
Cunard QM2 11-29-08
CCL Splendor 04-26-09
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:12 PM
DJoslin

We had a wonderful cruise 5/1 to 5/8/04 on the Zuiderdam. A beautiful ship and great experience. Our 9th cruise overall. Celebrity and HAL are very close, and just a cut below luxury lines like Crystal and Seaborne.

Have fun in any case!
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Passenger

Just got off the Zuiderdam yesterday. No odour problems at all. The ship was wonderful. The cabin steward and wait staff were very good. Front desk personnel have a lot to be desired though. Overall, excellent cruise!