Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Yeoman

Default frustrated with HAL vendor

February 5, 2003

Jennifer Olson
Special Advisor
Office of the Chairman

Dear Jennifer,

I am taking the liberty of writing to you as you are the only person I have communicated with regarding the purchase of a watch aboard the Zaandam on August 3, 2002.

While I realize that Starboard Cruise Service actually sold me the watch, they are aboard your ships with your approval and with some sort of financial remuneration to HAL.
Therefore, their service and quality is ultimately your responsibility.

Here is the time line regarding this purchase.

August 9, 2002 ---purchased watch
September 1, 200 ---watchband breaks
September 3, 2002 ---took watch to local jeweler for repair
September 7, 2002---jeweler could not repair watch because it needs special screws
September 13,2002 ---emailed customer relations regarding problem—no automated
response received.
September 16, 2002---emailed customer relations again
September 23, 2002---received your response, waited for Starboard Cruise Services to
contact me as you stated they would. They never did.
October 25, 2002---I contacted them by telephone to get instructions as to return of
this item for repair. Shipped watch to them the same day
November 12, 2002 –called them and was told that the watch was sent out for repair and
It would take from six to eight weeks for repair.
November 25,2002---e mailed them to get status of watch. The e mail address that
you gave me is incorrect
December 2, 2002---Spoke to Keila and was advised that I would have the watch by the
End of January.
January 3, 2003---Spoke with Keilas office and was told they would check and call me
January 5, 2003---Left message on voice mail. Called again and was connected to v/m.
Called again and was advised that they have not yet received a call
From the watch manufacturer. Who, by the way they no longer deal
With. Asked for a refund and she said that she would put in a request
For a check to me mailed. Said it will be a few weekd

At this point in time I feel totally frustrated and ask that you or someone you delegate to
Step in and make sure that I receive my check expeditiously. Also, can you tell me about reimbusement of $13.89 to send my watch to Florida.

We will, of course continue to sail on HAL in the future but you can rest assured that we will never purchase anything from the boutiques aboard your ships again.I am also going to post this letter on the various cruise boards that I frequent.

Sincerely,

Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: frustrated with HAL vendor

Hello Lougee,

Know the feeling. Wife bought an item in St.Marteen with full guaranty and appraisal. The appraisal never came, contacted the New York office with no results. After a year we gave up.

Old February 8th, 2003, 10:57 AM
mahick

Default Re: frustrated with HAL vendor

Always pay by a credit card for purchases. At the first hint of a problem request a Charge Back with your credit card company. You have 60 days from the first Statement on which the charge appears. In your first letter to the merchant you simply state that you have requested a charge back as the merchandise was not 100%. You will be amazed at how well this works.