CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   hal charter for mini cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/214867-hal-charter-mini-cruises.html)

lorie stieben February 6th, 2003 02:15 PM

hal charter for mini cruises

hello cruisers my travel agent just advised me that the ryndan and the amsterdam have been charterd out for april 4 day cruise and sept 4 day cruise i guess were all kicked oiff i does any one knlw who the guy with the dough charterd this and it better not be the govt

Dizy February 8th, 2003 08:09 AM

Re: hal charter for mini cruises

It's not one "Guy" , Lorrie, it's probably a very large company. I do know that in the past the Veendam was chartered out to a large insurance company for 4 - 7 day cruises .

You don't exactly give the dates of the chartered cruises. Do you mean the ship has been charted for April 4th for 4 days, or chartered for the month of April. What are the exact dates. If we know this, someone may be able to help you.

lorie stieben February 9th, 2003 12:28 AM

Re: Re: hal charter for mini cruises

hi dizzy the cruise was a 4 day pacific northwest cruise seattle victoria and johnston strait sept 22 and i believe april 28 on the amsterdam vancouver to astoria oregon

lorie stieben February 9th, 2003 12:53 AM

hi its traveland cruise deals and they have 4 days up to ketchiken on the 22 sept and also 5 days to alaska on april 28 base prices are 499 inside and 599 inside so end of storyDizy wrote:

> It's not one "Guy" , Lorrie, it's probably a very large
> company. I do know that in the past the Veendam was chartered
> out to a large insurance company for 4 - 7 day cruises .
>
> You don't exactly give the dates of the chartered cruises.
> Do you mean the ship has been charted for April 4th for 4 days,
> or chartered for the month of April. What are the exact dates.
> If we know this, someone may be able to help you.

Gizmo February 10th, 2003 08:19 AM

lorie,

Does it make any difference who charted the ships? In most cases you would not want to cruise with these large groups. Everything is geared toward them. When the entire ship is charted it is usually a large company. The ship will be filled with that company's employees. I have seen charters for gay cruises also.

Karol February 10th, 2003 05:22 PM

Gizmo, this time you are incorrect. This is not a charter executed by a large company, the charter is by a travel company selling to anyone who wants to book. I have seen their ads on our local Vancouver Sun newspaper. See Lorie's last message, she's correct and you can contact this travel company and book as well.
Karol

peaches February 10th, 2003 05:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: hal charter for mini cruises

I don't know much about it, but since the cruise line had already accepted bookings for this cruise you would think they would only let the travel company have the rights to charter for the unsold cabins and let those who had already booked keep their reservations. I wouldn't like having my booking cancelled and I know I would go to another cruiseline if it was done to me.

Gary February 11th, 2003 01:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: hal charter for mini cruises

Completely agree with PEACHES.....I can't understand how they can do that....people have made plans....time off from work, etc....maybe even airline reservations....GEEEEEEEEEEEESH..tacky !

Gizmo February 11th, 2003 08:03 AM

Sorry guys, I somehow missed who charted the ship.

peaches February 11th, 2003 08:55 AM

Lorie, did you get a full refund or just a credit towards another cruise??? If only a credit, I would fight that legally. No matter how many cruise lines do this sort of thing, I would never want a penny of my money going to a cruise line that did it to me, no matter how much I might like their ships.

Gary February 11th, 2003 10:43 AM

Lorie,

Cruiselines have the right to sell what REMAINING cabins they have on a cruise to anyone, including a large group, but I don't understand how they can TAKE your cabin AWAY from you if you are a confirmed passenger on that ship and date.

Did you VOLUNTARILY allow yourself to be "bumped" from the cruise?

As Peaches asked, did they compensate you for removing you from this cruise?

When you purchase passage on a cruiseline you and the cruiseline make an agreement, a legal contract. I don't think this can be arbitrarily broken by the cruiseline because they "need" your cabin for a larger customer.

Gary

Suki March 9th, 2003 04:09 PM

Author:*lorie stieben*
Date:***02-09-03 00:53

hi its traveland cruise deals and they have 4 days up to ketchiken on the 22 sept and also 5 days to alaska on april 28 base prices are 499 inside and 599 inside so end of storyDizy wrote:

> It's not one "Guy" , Lorrie, it's probably a very large
> company. I do know that in the past the Veendam was chartered
> out to a large insurance company for 4 - 7 day cruises .
>
> You don't exactly give the dates of the chartered cruises.
> Do you mean the ship has been charted for April 4th for 4 days,
> or chartered for the month of April. What are the exact dates.
> If we know this, someone may be able to help you.

Doubt this very much! HAL frequently charters to large companies but never heard of it chartering to a wholeseller which I assume 'Traveland Cruise Deals' is.

Do recall that last year the NOORDAM was chartered to a very large tour operator - believe it was Your Man Tours.