Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
Default Zaandam

Hello All, I need some advise please.
We are booked on the Zaandam on March 15. My parents, My wife and myself and 3 kids 13,12,6. First time on Holland America in quite awhile. Have been spoiled by Celebrity. We normally book the early seating because of the kids but they enjoy dining and my parents would normally book the late seating. So we are thinking of trying the late seating. Any preference between the two seatings? and when do you go to the shows if you go to the late seating? Also what time does the Zaandam allow you on the ship on the day of departure.
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2003, 02:24 PM
Barb & Steve

Default Re: Zaandam

Hi Kevin,
We have the same questions as you regarding the seatings and the shows. We are booked on the same cruise. We will be leaving our 14 year old at home, though. Maybe we will see you on the ship!

Barb & Steve
Old February 23rd, 2003, 06:33 PM
Yeoman

I asked the question about boarding under the topic "Zaandam embarkation". You can read what was said.

As for seatings and shows, someone just recently informed us that the show for the late seating starts a little after 7:00 and runs about 45 minutes.
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Gizmo

Hal starts boarding about 1:15. You receive a number at check in . Handicapped, P and S catagories board first, then they start calling the numbers.

Hal has programs for children that take place during second seating, nothing after that.

Don G posted where he was notified the shows for second seating are at 7:00. I don't know if this is true or not. If it is this true is a new change. I have seen this but only for 1 show on a 10 day cruise.
Old February 24th, 2003, 09:46 AM
flagships

Agree with Gizmo.....ALMOST all of the shows for late seating are after dinner. From time to time, they sometimes have a pre-dinner show for late-seating diners.
Old February 24th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Jim and Sue

Default Re: Re: Zaandam

We are on the 3/15 Zaandam also. Jim, Sue and sons Philip and Mike along with our friends and they twin boys. Been on Veendam twice and had late seating both time and went to the shows after dinner. Sometimes had to rush a bit to make it in time. Can't wait....
Old March 10th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Judy Tickel

Hello,

My husband and I are sailing on the Zaandam on 3/15 as well. We are driving to Port Canaveral from Southeastern Tennessee. Then on to the Caribbean. We are very excited. Counting the hours and the minutes til we sail.

Judy and Bill
Old March 10th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Yeoman

What is it about the 3/29 cruise? Everyone seems to be sailing the week before or the week after.
Old March 12th, 2003, 07:29 AM
BobMartha

Kevin -

Interested in your comments when you return regarding Club HAL - especially for your 6 yr old. Booked on the Zaandam next Feb and am curoius about the Club Hal facilities.
My then 7 and 5 yr old had a blast on the Maasdam in July...but that ship had converted meeting rooms into Club Hal facilities (nothing fancy by any means)

Thanks
Old March 12th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Passenger

The week of 3/15 is the week alot of kids are out on spring break here in NC.....
will this week never end......