Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default oosterdam July

We are booked on the Oosterdam July 22nd. I have been checking HAL's site to see if there are price reductions. Tonight, HAL's site lists no available staterooms for our cruise and for the maiden voyage. Travelocity no longer lists our cruise at all. I am wondering if the cruise is cancelled because the ship will not be ready?? What are your opinions? I did leave voice mail for our travel agent.
We made reservations for flights using frequent flyer miles and I was unable to find flight insurance to cover these. If worse comes to worse, and cruise is cancelled, we will rent a car in Copenhagen and travel independently. But we really wanted to take this cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Gizmo

Default Re: oosterdam July

I just checked and all cabins are still "Closed". Hard to tell what is going on. Sometimes this happens when Hal is doing updates. It appears your cruise is the one after the inaugural and a delay is always possible.

If your cruise is delayed and you decide to rebook, check with the airline about your FF tickets. Some will let you redeposit them for a fee.
Old March 7th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: oosterdam July

Now I can answer my own question. Oosterdam for that cruise in July is all sold out -- our travel agent checked this AM. Surprises me that it is sold out so soon.
Old March 7th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Gizmo

Default Re: Re: Re: oosterdam July

Glad this is working out for you.