Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2003, 11:49 PM
First Mate

Default Veendam Questions

Do the veranda doors on the Veendam stay open by themselves? I wondered if I need to bring the bungee cord to hold it open.

Can you use bubble bath in the whirlpool tubs in the cabins?

Does the ship tend to be hot or cold? I'm wondering if the restaurant and theater tend to be cold as often is the case.

Does the ship provide towels for shore use?

Is there a passenger talent show?

Does the Veendam still offer the incentives for the Fitness program? I thought I read somewhere that they did away with that...bummer if true.

Any other thoughts on the Veendam that might be helpful? We are sailing this Saturday....Yippeee!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Veendam Questions

Kathy - we are sailing the Veendam on the 22nd. I posted several questions on this board but got only one reply; hopefully you will have better luck. I wish we had time to touch base between trips! I filled out the immigration form on-line and received our guaranteed verandah suite cabin, though I must say I'm not happy with the location (right at the foot of stairs AND elevator!). I wonder if they will let us switch it when we check in. Have a great cruise and maybe we will meet up on this board again.
Mary

Post Edited (03-13-03 09:57)
Old March 13th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Try this:
http://www.hollandamerica.com/contact/contact.htm
For the Q's you asked I would call the Ship services # and give them your booking number, they should be able to answer ship Q's. The other Res # is the sales people at HAL, and do not know as much about the ships.

Barry
Old March 13th, 2003, 11:56 AM
First Mate

Q. Do the veranda doors on the Veendam stay open by themselves? I wondered if I need to bring the bungee cord to hold it open.

A. No they don't, but there is a sign on the verandah door and it asks you to "please do not keep the door open as it affects the air conditioning". When you are in the Caribbean, it is hot and humid and the last thing you want to do is have the AC running and the door open. Defeats the purpose of the AC.

Q. Can you use bubble bath in the whirlpool tubs in the cabins?

A. NO - I did that the first time we had a verandah suite and believe me my husband could have killed me. We had soap bubbles all over the place and there he was bailing it out with the ice bucket. I didn't know where the tap was to open the drain but I sure learned quickly enough. We can laugh about it now, but not at the time.

Q. Does the ship tend to be hot or cold? I'm wondering if the restaurant and theater tend to be cold as often is the case.

A. I always take a jacket/sweater or shawl to the dining room and theatre as sometimes it is cold. However, last cruise the dining room was so hot we were all peeling.

Q Does the ship provide towels for shore use?

A. Yes. You can either request them from your cabin steward or pick them up as you leave the ship. They always have a large pile at the gangway.

Q. Is there a passenger talent show?

A. Haven't seen one in the last few years, but if you want to get involved, sign up for the Rock'n Rolldies show. The passengers who do, seem to have a great time.

Q. Does the Veendam still offer the incentives for the Fitness program? I thought I read somewhere that they did away with that...bummer if true.

A. Sorry, No.

Have a great time - the Veendam is a lovely ship and I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.
Old March 24th, 2003, 03:29 PM
P AT

WE ARE SAILING THIS WEEK ALSO.
Old March 24th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Bobbi

Pat
I also am sailing Sat. 3/29/03 on the Veendam. Maybe we will run into each other. This is my first on the Veendam but if she is as nice as the Ryndam you will enjoy your cruise. The Ryndam was a beautiful ship and easy to get around on. Also the crew were fantastic with the service. I will be in cabin A 059. Hope to meet you.
Bobbi / GypsyMist